Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Any idea whether CFW v10 will be released too? Just the firewall. I just need the firewall will do.

Thanks
Is assume so but I've no idea if I'm honest. Although if they're going to release the full suite I can't see why they wouldn't release the firewall. You can install the full suite then remove the AV anyway though. I'm in the same boat as yourself I only use the firewall unless they've drastically improved the AV in version 10.

Reactions: AtlBo and nikos200

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
You misunderstood. She is referring to Secure Shopping. Applications are not protected enough in sandbox for secure transactions due malware infections on real system and similar factors.
What malware infection is capable of penetrating the sandbox from an infected system? What I mean is we've been able to run any application in it's own sandbox for a while so that's not a new feature at all and the only time I could see secure shopping being used is with a web browser. So saying we'll be able to sandbox any application on our system is nothing new, you're not going to sandvox VLC for secure payments are you.

Edit to add: This is what I meant:
even with new improvements such as running any installed application in secure environment.

We can already run any application installed on our system in it's own Sandbox i.e VLC etc. So all secure shopping does is give another way to secure online transactions it doesn't change the fact that, right now I can run any program on my system in a secure environment using Comodo 8.x

Reactions: Venustus and AtlBo

vivid

Level 5
Verified
Dec 8, 2014
Your start point is not good there. CIS is not designed for already infected systems. Secure Shopping does not "sandbox".

Reactions: AtlBo
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.