shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Umm, the firewall is blocking Windows Defender and several other basic Windows components.
I tried today with Comodo 10, and again I found that the firewall module was blocking trusted Windows processes, specifically, dashost.exe.
So I think this behavior might have to do with Win 10 1809, or with my tweaks in Windows Defender, or with both.

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
I tried today with Comodo 10, and again I found that the firewall module was blocking trusted Windows processes, specifically, dashost.exe.
So I think this behavior might have to do with Win 10 1809, or with my tweaks in Windows Defender, or with both.

What about Comodo 11? Does this problem happens with that version?

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Comodo is equal to Avast, every update more bugs appear. 100% headache detection with it (n)
The truth is, all good security software is a pain in the neck. People like to pick on Comodo, because it is popularly considered to be the King of Bugs, but there are plenty of would-be heirs to the Bug Throne.
Either your security software is buggy, or you need to be a nuclear physicist to configure it right, or both...

Nestor

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 21, 2018
I just made a clean install of Version 11.0.0.6710,(CS settings), works fine without any problem (Win 10 1809).Only thing I noticed, some unrecognized Windows files (some of them existed at previous version) causing no problem. No blocked processes, nothing.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I just made a clean install of Version 11.0.0.6710,(CS settings), works fine without any problem (Win 10 1809).Only thing I noticed, some unrecognized Windows files (some of them existed at previous version) causing no problem. No blocked processes, nothing.
Windows files are listed in the digitally signed catalog (.cat file), and Comodo recognizes it, so the issue you are having is not supposed to happen.

Reactions: simmerskool

Nestor

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 21, 2018
After I upload them to Comodo it seems that problem solved. An issue is when I execute rating scan, with no safety issues in the end ,I am getting the report 0% .This is obviously a bug.

Reactions: shmu26

Nestor

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 21, 2018
After making a full scan with Comodo Cleaning Essentials found 15250 unrecognized files including some of Comodo's!:):) It seems that these bugs will never be fixed

Reactions: bribon77 and shmu26

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
As @Nestor mentioned, everything in that department works right, it is just a visual bug.

The thing that really puzzles me is why, on win10 1809, the firewall module will sometimes block certain windows processes. The behavior seems as random as quantum particles.
What behavior triggers the blocks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.