• Thread starter Deleted member 178
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Just a story found on Comodo's Forum.

https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cis/430-infections-blocked-and-counting-t89819.0.html

if after reading that you got infected, you can leave the forum and go to a far away isolated island :D

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
That is why Comodo Rulez :p

Offtopic: Is Treefrog a member at MT (if i remember correct)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
After seeing what it did in that thread over at Comodo, might have to whip my spare machine into action. :D

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
I think comodo is better protection,maybe not that much which its stated in its forum but still a decent product.
I have given it a try and its save my machine even when i throw some nasty infection on it

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Nice, maybe I will switch back my sisters' PC to Windows with this config. :D They complain about the use of MS Office in a VM. :D

Offtopic:
@Stranger: If you want to see if a user is at MT or not, you can try to enter in the URL Bar: malwaretips.com/user-UserName . It even works if you typed the old user name of a member that has changed his name. It will redirect you to his profile. Like if I type malwaretips.com/user-stonecold it will redirect me to your profile with the name Stranger.

treefrog'

Oct 28, 2012
Hey :)
thanks for comments
this was an awesome test, I was really surprised by how many attacks CIS blocked, not so much that it blocked them but the amount in such a short time
I set the config for minimum pop ups and high security, I never got shouted once to "do this" or "mend that" which is always a good sign
CIS has been known for pop ups and complicated questions but it doesn't need to be, IMO this is the best version yet and has the potential to be truly in a league of its own

off topic: The test subject requests a pink sandbox border...

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Hey treefrog,

What kind of infections were quarantines/prevented and what OS did you have installed? Any Java exploits? :p

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
For a 7 year old child the best option would be to use a "Limited User Account" and parental controls, it would have did the same thing.

Enjoy!!:D

treefrog'

Oct 28, 2012
Earth said:
Hey treefrog,

What kind of infections were quarantines/prevented and what OS did you have installed? Any Java exploits? :p
Hi
W7 prem 32 bit
I deleted the quarantine and logs so in future it's immediately obvious whats changed, in hindsight I would have done screenies :blush:
They where several unclassified malwares picked up by the heuristics, an Exploit, a Rootkit.Hiddenvalue also an unwanted application is all I can remember
I suspect at least some of the -infections prevented where java exploits as java was installed, I was interested myself in how CIS6 would hold up in this area, after the sandbox was reset the system was clean
Obviously I'm a little biased :shok: and they are still bugs but CIS6 rocks!!!

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Thats pretty awesome treefrog, I love CIS v6 but imo, It was taken out of beta WAY to early as I can tell there are still holes and bugs.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
How did you come to that conclusion, user-friendly?

Umbra Corp. said:
Comodo IS v6 ; finally user-friendly

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
With some tweaks as Treefrog shows above, you will have very few alerts that will annoy and instill doubts to the common user.

P

Plexx

Thread author
The problem is applying the tweaks that is not user friendly. Once they are applied, it works silently up to a certain extend.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Anyway the common user will never heard about CIS unless by a techie friend :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.