Serious Discussion Comodo Internet Security 2024 announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pico

Level 4
Thread author
Feb 6, 2023
New CIS 2024 is coming!

Happy to meet you on new forum. This is Ozer Metin, CTO of Comodo/Xcitium. After more than 2 years, I would like to announce that we are working on new release for CIS 2024. CIS 2024 will come with lots of bug fixes , performance improvements, newest versions of Windows support (22H2) and finally new UI’s are coming too.

Hear some screenshots for our new skin.

Mod Edit:

Last edited by a moderator:
F

ForgottenSeer 98186

New Release = New Bugs + Old Unfixed Bugs = More Bugs

1676685608155.png

This is the Comodo way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pico

Level 4
Thread author
Feb 6, 2023
2023 - 2020 = 3, how did you calculate the two years?
I applied math function Round(NumberOfDays(Aug 25 2020 - Feb 17 2023) / 365) = 2

IMO difference this time not Melih (CEO), but CTO posted this on the forum this time, supposed to arrive before the summer of 2024, still good be a lot worse (video)
New CIS will be released ...
CISRelease.jpg

... this year or next year, dependent on your geo location summer date.

Pico

Level 4
Thread author
Feb 6, 2023
Looking at the new CIS UI:
Does 'Comodo Internet Security Premium' only offer a Firewall, Containment and a Shopping Card?
Does one have to click the Shopping Card (upgrade and pay) first to get all the features of the old 'Comodo Internet Security Premium' suite now being called as 'Comodo Internet Security'?
It looks like the new 'Comodo Internet Security Premium' doesn't have all features of the current V12.

Pico

Level 4
Thread author
Feb 6, 2023
I don't understand it either as to why they have to make major changes in new CIS. This is gonna take a long time, a very long time to finish the new CIS, if you ask me.
Why did they not just update the current version with bug fixes and some additional new features? That would suffice!

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
When the CTO of a large company doesn't know the difference between ""here" and "hear" I start to get worried.
Oh come on, give him a break. He is not native and grammar is not his first objective either. 😀

If they make the product more similar to Xcitium, it will be easier to maintain and update in the future.
Valkyrie has a free tier, we’ll see if it will be kept and how good it is.

Pico

Level 4
Thread author
Feb 6, 2023
If they make the product more similar to Xcitium, it will be easier to maintain and update in the future.
If I'm not mistaken, Comodo and Xcitium have the same current V12 UI looks. So I guess they either implement new UI only in Comodo or in Xcitium as well which may take long time.

They've created a new link to submit 'Feature Requests for CIS' for the new CIS.
On the old forum many users submitted feature and wish requests over the past many years. What happened to these requests?
All down the drain?

F

ForgottenSeer 97327

I don't understand it either as to why they have to make major changes in new CIS. This is gonna take a long time, a very long time to finish the new CIS, if you ask me.
Why did they not just update the current version with bug fixes and some additional new features? That would suffice!
Maybe cleanup the code base and adjust for modern software architecture and design principles (think of code and compile restrictions to facilitate all sorts of Exploit Protection mechanisms of the OS)

entropism

Level 4
Verified
Jul 30, 2019
Oh come on, give him a break. He is not native and grammar is not his first objective either. 😀

Valkyrie has a free tier, we’ll see if it will be kept and how good it is.
Nah. A CTO should know how to run a post through MS Word to check for grammar mistakes.

goodjohnjr

Level 5
Verified
Jul 11, 2018
Nah. A CTO should know how to run a post through MS Word to check for grammar mistakes.
I recommend the free open source spell check / grammar check web browser extension LanguageTool and turning up your web browser's built-in spell check to advanced (enhanced) mode if it has that option; that has helped me, and I am not even a CTO or CEO et cetera. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.