New Update Comodo Online Security v1.2.45944.37 Released (for Mozilla Based Browsers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
ice dragon only had drag and drop extension installed, rest are built in? Comodo dragon have 5 extensions pre installed , im using 3 of them myself

Yeah, but:

Im using comodo internet security and chrome > coinhive.com doesnt get blocked
Im using comodo internet security + comodo dragon > coinhive wont even connect

Why?
seiously I don't know. they may have different way of blocking
perhaps comodo dragon blacklisted coinhive?

I have Comodo Internet Security - Web-filtering, do i still need it?
In general no. It uses the same cloud based database. But there have been cases where for certain blocked cases CIS has not been able to show proper block page allowing you to continue browsing. Down the road we will be shipping this with Comodo Internet Security/Internet Security Essentials / Comodo Secure Shopping also.

Nestor

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 21, 2018
ice dragon only had drag and drop extension installed, rest are built in? Comodo dragon have 5 extensions pre installed , im using 3 of them myself
in the last two versions Ice Dragon had 2 extensions pre-installed one was drag and drop and the other was Comodo Online Protection which i removed because it supposed to be built-in the browser but i am not sure.

Reactions: Moonhorse

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
seiously I don't know. they may have different different way of blocking
perhaps comodo dragon blacklisted coinhive?
Even with chrome + online extension/ comodo dns you can still acces coinhive
I think its the built-in dns

anyways dragon :
  • Has privacy enhancements that surpass those in Chromium's technology
  • Has Domain Validation technology that identifies and segregates superior SSL certificates from inferior ones
  • Stops cookies and other Web spies
  • Prevents all Browser download tracking to ensure your privacy
edit: in browser settings : enable malware domain filtering (comodo secure dns) this is it.
But it works differently than comodo dns / online security, it has coinhive blacklisted. I dont know why

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
in the last two versions Ice Dragon had 2 extensions pre-installed one was drag and drop and the other was Comodo Online Protection which i removed because it supposed to be built-in the browser but i am not sure.
With having cis you dont need online extension as said before. I tried ice dragon, but im feeling dragon does have more features

Reactions: Nestor

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Even with chrome + online extension/ comodo dns you can still acces coinhive
I think its the built-in dns

anyways dragon :
  • Has privacy enhancements that surpass those in Chromium's technology
  • Has Domain Validation technology that identifies and segregates superior SSL certificates from inferior ones
  • Stops cookies and other Web spies
  • Prevents all Browser download tracking to ensure your privacy
does ice dragon includes a built-in ad/tracker blocker?
prevent tracking, spies?
it might be the reason

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
does ice dragon includes a built-in ad/tracker blocker?
prevent tracking, spies?
it might be the reason
Well might be, since it only happens in dragon. I think its just that malware domain filtering and its just built in host list. Wich would be stupid not to have built in cis itself

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
I will check Dragon.:)
Its up to you wich you decide to go, both have features. I have only used dragon and im feeling its better than chrome itself

Chromium = speed
Firefox = stability

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.