Status
Not open for further replies.

samit

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
Hello Everyone,

I am excited to annouce that COMODO Rescue Disk 1.0 BETA is released for private testing.

What is COMODO Rescue Disk?
COMODO Rescue Disk is a bootable disk image with COMODO Cleaning Essentials for Linux embedded. CCE for Linux is a powerful virus, spyware, rootkit scanner and cleaner. CRD works more efficient than CCE for Windows because it cleans your system before Windows operating system is loaded. It is designed to be used when crimeware embeds itself so deeply into your system that CCE for Windows cannot clean it or Windows cannot start because of any infection or abnormal system change. CRD also provides you with tools to explore files in your hard drive, take screenshot and browse web page.

What needs to be tested?
COMODO Resuce Disk is a new product, all features need to be tested.
The most critical features are:
1. Ability to detect and clean all virus, malwares and rootkits.
2. Ability to repair infected MBR and abnormal system changes.

This is a private BETA and must not be used for any other purpose than testing. It can contain serious bugs and must be used only by community members. Please do NOT distribute it outside this forum as it is not intended for end-users even for testing purposes.

download link:
Link removed...

my friend provided me above link....so as mentioned above please use it for private testing only.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Seems like Comodo is always playing catch-up, with varied results of success and failure.

Thanks for sharing, it's ~55MB download for those who are wondering.

pcjunklist

Level 1
Dec 28, 2011
It's a private beta so if you want to try it out register for free http://forums.comodo.com/

languy99 posted a review of it yesterday, again this is not my review it is provided by languy99, check out his channel for some great reviews on other tools and anti-virus programs. http://www.youtube.com/user/languy99

Last edited by a moderator:
V

Vextor

COMODO Rescue Disk is pretty good for a first beta, but Midori Web Browser isn't that good and they need to improve the connectivity issues pointed out by Languy99.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Why don't they use Dragon?

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
WinAndLinuxTutorials said:
Comodo Dragon have no Linux version available.

Yes, this would be my guess. Maybe this will be the impetus for them to create a Linux version of Dragon.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I'm sure Dragon for Linux has a higher demand, than CCE on a Linux Rescue Disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.