Battle comodo vs trend micro

Status
Not open for further replies.

superboy123

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
May 1, 2012
hello everyone,i want ask which product is good???comodo internet security 2013 or trend micro internet security 2013....???

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
As Umbra said both are good. Trend has a strong web guard, while Comodo has a better signature AV than Trend.

Been using Trend for years, so that is what I use. Reason being is that I find the web guard to be enough in everyday life. Plus Trend is an IS Suite that you can install and leave on default settings, while Comodo needs a bit more than that.

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
If you compare head to head its Comodo IS.
Comodo needs a strong web filter that about it. Rest it will perform better than Trend Micro and obviously is as light as Trend.
If you want to go according to lab reports then Trend Wins.

P

Plexx

McLovin said:
As Umbra said both are good. Trend has a strong web guard, while Comodo has a better signature AV than Trend.

Been using Trend for years, so that is what I use. Reason being is that I find the web guard to be enough in everyday life. Plus Trend is an IS Suite that you can install and leave on default settings, while Comodo needs a bit more than that.

Last I checked Comodo would be fine on stock settings for the normal user.

The main question OP should be asking is in what areas one shine over the other:

*Features
*Lightness
*Detection
*Removal
*Prevention

superboy123

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
May 1, 2012
Biozfear said:
Last I checked Comodo would be fine on stock settings for the normal user.

The main question OP should be asking is in what areas one shine over the other:

*Features
*Lightness
*Detection
*Removal
*Prevention

Yes,i hope guys can tell me their special....

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
Do you want to interact with the IS or are you more of "install and forget"? If you are willing to learn how to interact with CIS and learn to take advantage of its features then I recommend CIS otherwise Trend is the option you should go with. Don't forget that CIS is free with no offical technical support (the forums is available and will help you out by it's members) but Trend gives it's end-user technical support because it's paid product.

I see that some say that CIS leaks webprotection but that is not really true; it's DNS works a webfiler and as long as the malware isn't installed and especially doesn't run in memory you have no of such feature. I find webprotection as a marketing propaganda; it's irrelevant if the url is stopped or if the malware file is stopped, the important thing is that the malware is stopped

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.