Advice Request Companion for Norton?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

valvaris

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 26, 2015
Oh boy.... @Xsjx

I have read all topics and plz do not force ppl to use AVIRA so hard. Of course opinion wise it is your experience and every Member for sure will accept that. But do not negate every advice a Member gives with no hard proof of concept!

As much as I know malwaretips.com is a location were we can voice our experience on AV Products and see what is best for us. ;) (Inspiration, Communication, Collaboration)

Not to go Off-Topic at OP

If you like Norton and on how it works or you are unsure if it protects properly you'll always have one Ace-Card -> Norton | Learn About The Norton 100% Antivirus Guarantee

I know it is not like Comodo get 500$ for a Virus that #*!"§sup your System.

But still a peace of mind... The other part is Phone and Ticket Support - From my Experience kind of O.K. not the best but they helped out.

I could write allot about other products but that is a personal reference thing.

Ask yourself:

What should my AV do?
Is it easy for me to understand?
Does it slow down my System by allot?

No solution is 100% but Security always starts with the User!!!

My 2-Cents for a good protection is:

- UAC at Max Setting
- SmartScreen ON
- Surf Websites that are Trustworthy
- Always use an Adblocker / Scriptblocker on your Fav. Browser
- Keep your PC Up-to-date
and use a product you are comfortable with!

My next Test will be the Win 10 Creators Update Security Suite cant wait for release. ^^

Sincerely
Val.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.