Advice Request Complement to F-Secure

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

vonvon

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 25, 2014
Due to current events, I only want to install European antimalware from a democratic country. I have benefited from F-Secure offers for 3 years. Is it enough if I supplement it with OsArmor and NextDsn because I also uninstalled Adguard? I need your informed opinions.
Thank you for your help.

Last edited:

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
I think that NextDNS is enough (add OISD filter list), I would use Brave with its native adblocker and call it a day, just remember to have backups in place and use a safe and trustable password manager like Bitwarden or KeePass.

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Due to current events, I only want to install European antimalware from a democratic country. I have benefited from F-Secure offers for 3 years. Is it enough if I supplement it with OsArmor and NextDsn because I also uninstalled Adguard? I need your informed opinions.
Thank you for your help.
NextDNS with OISD blocklist as mentioned by @Nightwalker and @Shadowra + Simple Windows Hardening for enhanced script protection seems like a great setup to me without being overkill.

CyberDevil

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 4, 2021
In theory, you can install NextDNS only in the browser, for the system use ControlD DNS for example (It's a lazy option so you don't have to configure DOH with Windows tools or third-party software), and to protect the system at the network level install the firewall module from Symantec Endpoint Protection (unmanaged client). This is my configuration right now, but its just an idea of how you can do it, I don't claim it's optimal, but it works well for me. =)

Brahman

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
Thank you for your help.
if you are using windows 11 you can install nextdns doh at system level without any third party softs.

Set 45.90.28.0 and 45.90.30.0 as system DNS.

Run the following:
netsh dns add encryption server=45.90.28.0 dohtemplate=https://dns1.nextdns.io/your next dns id /Windows
netsh dns add encryption server=45.90.30.0 dohtemplate=https://dns2.nextdns.io/your next dns id /Windows
then go to dns settings and in drop down select the option "encrypted dns only" under the tab ' preferred dns encryption"
Untitled-1.jpg

* the "/windows" is optional...you can give any name you want, it will reflect in next dns logs, enabling the identification of the device.
Like the following....
Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited:

ItsReallyMe

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Dec 21, 2017
if you are using windows 11 you can install nextdns doh at system level without any third party softs.

then go to dns settings and in drop down select the option "encrypted dns only" under the tab ' preferred dns encryption"
View attachment 264838
* the "/windows" is optional...you can give any name you want, it will reflect in next dns logs, enabling the identification of the device.
Like the following....
View attachment 264839
its showing element not found when I run the command!

Reactions: vonvon

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I use F-Secure Safe (Ziggo Safe Online) together with Simple Windows Hardening 1.0.1.1 beta 3 and Documents Anti-Exploit 2.0.0.0 to close any potential weaknesses for fileless and Microsoft Office based attacks. Adblocking is done in my browser by uBlock Origin.

Brahman

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
its showing element not found when I run the command!
Do you have a valid I'd in nextdns? If not create one, it's free. Then copy the I'd from setup page of next dns.You need to replace "your next dns I'd" with an actual I'd from nextdns configuration page...it will be something like "45dh67a" and there are no space between "/".the command will look like this
netsh dns add encryption server=45.90.28.0 dohtemplate=https://dns1.nextdns.io/45dh67a/Windows
Do run the command in elevated command prompt.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.