Help Me Decide Compliment Windows Defender: Zemana AM, NoVirusThanks or VoodooShield?

Discussion in 'Compare Apps Archive' started by Rengar, Jan 21, 2017.

?

What should i get???

1. Zemana AM

14 vote(s)
    34.1%
  2. VoodooShield FREE

24 vote(s)
    58.5%
  3. NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  1. Rengar

Rengar Level 14

Jan 6, 2017
    Greece
    Windows 8.1
    Avast
    Hey, i have Windows Defender and im looking for a second layer of protection.

1) Zemana AM
    2) NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro
    3) VoodooShield FREE

Whats the best vs zero day malware, i mean, can ZAM protect me from true zero day malware or VoodooShield FREE is better or NoVirusThanks EXE?

2. Mr.Pr

Mr.Pr Level 5

Apr 6, 2016
    iran
    Windows 10
    Doctor Web
    vs zero days? we have not any product which be equal with VoodooShield against zerodays i assure you
    but you should learn and read about VoodooShield how works.. personally? my english was not really good so i didnt underestand how it works, if you understand how it works? install it right now.

3. Rengar

Rengar Level 14

Jan 6, 2017
    Greece
    Windows 8.1
    Avast
    i think i know how it works but its the FREE not the pro. Also if it is a zero day malware it will go through it cause there will be no signs for it right??

4. sudo -i

sudo -i Level 4

Jan 17, 2017
    $
    Probably VoodooShield, but I'm not understanding the comparison. Neither of these three actually perform the same functions. NVTERP and VS are only slightly similar in their anti-executable function.

5. Mr.Pr

Mr.Pr Level 5

Apr 6, 2016
    iran
    Windows 10
    Doctor Web
    its free but probably the best against zerodays.
    and about second part of your question, i still have a weak english knowledge so i didnt underestand your question correctly, anyway VS as i heard, will check the new and untrusted files ( before execute ) in VirusTotal and alarm you if found anything suspicius..

6. Rengar

Rengar Level 14

Jan 6, 2017
    Greece
    Windows 8.1
    Avast
    Well, all of them blocks viruses...

carsten ibsen likes this.
  7. pablozi

pablozi Level 22
    Trusted

Jun 14, 2011
    Null Island
    Windows 10
    Default-Deny
    NVT ERP is not being actively developed and according to what developer said on the other forums it will be rebuild from scratch so the choice is quite simple - VS.
    VS is well developed, easy to use, almost unbeatable and support is top notch.
    ZAM... well... it's not bad but some of decisions regarding the development are rather weird (like removing the "ask user" option), low quality uninstaller (many leftovers not easy to remove for an average user) and not the best support doesn't make me their biggest fan.
    My vote goes to VS but I am still curious what the future brings for ERP ;)

P.S.
    You can still use ZAM portable as on demand scanner or simply run the PRO version next to VS.

8. Rengar

Rengar Level 14

Jan 6, 2017
    Greece
    Windows 8.1
    Avast
    #8 Rengar, Jan 21, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2017
    do you speak arabic or something else so i can translate it to you :)

Right now im testing NVT ERP on a VM and its blocking all the kinds of viruses...

9. Mr.Pr

Mr.Pr Level 5

Apr 6, 2016
    iran
    Windows 10
    Doctor Web
    i'm from Iran, our native language is Persian ( farsi )
    but i guess the others should be able to answer your question also

10. pablozi

pablozi Level 22
    Trusted

Jun 14, 2011
    Null Island
    Windows 10
    Default-Deny
    I never said that ERP doesn't work. It is only not being developed so potentially it can have some undiscovered flaws :D

11. Mr.Pr

Mr.Pr Level 5

Apr 6, 2016
    iran
    Windows 10
    Doctor Web
    its google translate i guess, it don't work ind most cases , so please let it go try find your answer from the others
    :) i hope you find

12. Rengar

Rengar Level 14

Jan 6, 2017
    Greece
    Windows 8.1
    Avast
    I agree but if it is a zero day malware it can go through VoodooShield cauze there will be no signatures for it right?
    So ERP can block it cause its not in the whitelist right?

carsten ibsen and Der.Reisende like this.
  13. pablozi

pablozi Level 22
    Trusted

Jun 14, 2011
    Null Island
    Windows 10
    Default-Deny
    VS is not signature based. VS is whitelisting software supported by VoodooAi, Cuckoo sandbox and VT scan.
    ERP is pure anti-exe.

14. Rengar

Rengar Level 14

Jan 6, 2017
    Greece
    Windows 8.1
    Avast
    Dude, if VS finds something it uploads it and base on the blacklist it blocks it or allowes it right?
    If we have a zero day malware VS doesnt have signatures of it right?

carsten ibsen and Der.Reisende like this.
  15. pablozi

pablozi Level 22
    Trusted

Jun 14, 2011
    Null Island
    Windows 10
    Default-Deny
    Nope.
    [​IMG]
    Code:
    http://www.voodooshield.com/Download/VoodooShieldUserGuide.pdf

16. Evjl's Rain

Evjl's Rain Level 28
    Trusted AV Tester

Apr 18, 2016
    Vietnam
    Windows 8.1
    Avast
    VS in always on or smart mode will block everything regardless of virustotal or voodooAi. It blocks first, then shows a popup with details: VT detection rate, Ai score -> Allow it or not
    In those 2 modes VS works exactly the same as NVT but it shows you the VT and Ai score which help you to decide to keep blocking or allow. NVT simply blocks everything not on the whitelist but you don't have any information so it's not easy to decide if the file is safe or not. VS also creates a whitelist in the first installation

In autopilot mode, it's no longer a full anti-exe, it's hybrid. if you get a completely new malware, you will receive a popup like this: VT= 0 or 1/56 + Ai score = unsafe -> do you want to keep bloking it, or VS will automatically block the malware after 20 seconds
    if you run a legit file, VS will block it first, then gets the VT score + Ai score. If VT=0 or 1 and Ai=safe => VS will automatically allow the file to run

17. Rengar

Rengar Level 14

Jan 6, 2017
    Greece
    Windows 8.1
    Avast
    So VS is a better and more detailed version of NVT.
    So its better to have in Autopilot?

18. Evjl's Rain

Evjl's Rain Level 28
    Trusted AV Tester

Apr 18, 2016
    Vietnam
    Windows 8.1
    Avast
    yes of course. it has almost everything to be better
    you can try it and evaluate yourself. Nothing is better than your own testing. I tried to explain but I'm sure not everyone can understand it. VS should be be explained by making a video with voice because it's complicated :)

19. Rengar

Rengar Level 14

Jan 6, 2017
    Greece
    Windows 8.1
    Avast
    its better to have it in Autopilot vs a zero day malware ?

carsten ibsen and Yash Khan like this.
  20. Exterminator

Exterminator Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 23, 2012
    USA
    Windows 10
    Kaspersky
    Personally I would say VoodooShield
    @pablozi more or less wrapped this up.
    @LanDude it would be best to try it and read the VS user guide with the link provided by @pablozi
    If you want to try the pro version of VS I will send you a PM