Help Me Decide Compliment Windows Defender: Zemana AM, NoVirusThanks or VoodooShield?

Discussion in 'Compare Apps Archive' started by Rengar, Jan 21, 2017.

?

What should i get???

1. Zemana AM

14 vote(s)
    34.1%
  2. VoodooShield FREE

24 vote(s)
    58.5%
  3. NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  1. pablozi

pablozi Level 22
    Trusted

Jun 14, 2011
    Null Island
    Windows 10
    Default-Deny
    Why you're still referring to this, let's say "not well performed" test?

Der.Reisende likes this.
  2. shmu26

shmu26 Level 53

Jul 3, 2015
    Utopia
    out of the three, NVT ERP offers the strongest protection, and it is most customizable.

It works great, even on windows 10, despite the lack of development over the last year and a half. This is because it is a pure anti-executable and doesn't try to do all sorts of fancy things.

It is free, and offers various levels of protection, including lockdown mode.

It runs very light, and is compatible with practically everything. It starts protection very early because it is launched from service.

However, if you download a lot of new software all the time, and you want help deciding whether it is safe or not, then Voodooshield is better. Also, the GUI of Voodooshield is more pleasing.

3. Andytay70

Andytay70 Level 13

Jul 6, 2015
    Electricial engineer
    UK
    Windows 10
    Avast
    I voted for Voodooshield!
    Why? because its constantly updated, the developer is always helpful, And its top notch.

carsten ibsen and Der.Reisende like this.
  4. shmu26

shmu26 Level 53

Jul 3, 2015
    Utopia
    for some users, VS has problems that can be a bit tricky to solve, and might require the paid version. If you don't have problems, then it truly is great.

To me, it is easier to solve a problem with NVT ERP, because everything is so out in the front, even in the free version.
    Right now I am actually running them both, because they are both so good, why not, until one of them starts to bother me...

cryogent, Andytay70 and carsten ibsen like this.
  5. carsten ibsen

carsten ibsen Level 20

Sep 18, 2016
    retired
    denmark
    Windows 10
    Microsoft
    Hello,I think you should choose Hitman Pro,it recently detected a hijacker on my system that Malwarebytes or Bitdefender not detected.
    I think it is a rock solid piece of scanner,or use it with one of the 3 other programs you mentioned.:)

6. pablozi

pablozi Level 22
    Trusted

Jun 14, 2011
    Null Island
    Windows 10
    Default-Deny
    HitmanPro doesn't offer realtime protection so it shouldn't be considered as a first line of any security setup but you're 100% right when it comes to on-demand scanners championship - HMP is a gold medalist :)

cryogent likes this.
  7. Rengar

Rengar Level 14

Jan 6, 2017
    Greece
    Windows 8.1
    Avast
    Can someone send me a link of VS version 3.0. I have a key for this version and i cant put it in 3.50 version.

8. Rengar

Rengar Level 14

Jan 6, 2017
    Greece
    Windows 8.1
    Avast

9. Spawn

Spawn Administrator
    Staff Member Content Creator

Jan 8, 2011
    Complimentary real-time scanning technologies don't provide much benefits, except a performance dip, so I would consider an Anti-Executable / Application White-listing.

As an user of Windows Defender, I recommend the enabling this Registry Mod/Fix to assist detection of PUP/PUA, and look at Unchecky.com to prevent anything that may slip past, including sponsored software commonly found in freeware installers.

10. pablozi

pablozi Level 22
    Trusted

Jun 14, 2011
    Null Island
    Windows 10
    Default-Deny
    What kind of message do you get while you try to activate 3.5 with this key?

11. Rengar

Rengar Level 14

Jan 6, 2017
    Greece
    Windows 8.1
    Avast
    Sorry, an error occurred while confirming your registration. Please ensure that you entered the correct email adress and password OR Product Key.

12. Rengar

Rengar Level 14

Jan 6, 2017
    Greece
    Windows 8.1
    Avast
    I will contact with VS support :)

pablozi likes this.