Need Help Computer screen black. How to fix?

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Approx. start date
Dec 31, 1969
List of current issues
Same issue as before , desktop computer will not start up
Steps taken, but unsuccessful?
replaced ram
tried a different monitor
took out and put the bios battery back in
tried a video card
tried a different working power supply
Oct 12, 2014
The computer powers on, the fans spin on but a couple of mins later the fans turn off.
The monitor screen is totally black..no post up happens.
There are not post up beeps to trouble shoot.

Now after all my trial and error work on the computer, after putting it back together and saving the
data, it started up. It continued to start up and work fine for 1 day. now it is back to having a
black screen again.

Any one have any sugggestions?I am beginning to think it is a motherboard short?

thank you for your help in advance

A

Antivirus Tester

The computer powers on, the fans spin on but a couple of mins later the fans turn off.
The monitor screen is totally black..no post up happens.
There are not post up beeps to trouble shoot.

Now after all my trial and error work on the computer, after putting it back together and saving the
data, it started up. It continued to start up and work fine for 1 day. now it is back to having a
black screen again.

Any one have any sugggestions?I am beginning to think it is a motherboard short?

thank you for your help in advance
Sounds like bad motherboard

jamescv7

Level 61
Verified
Mar 15, 2011
Operating System
Windows 10
Installed Antivirus
Microsoft
Seems that already a bad hardware issue there, so likely you need to make an assistant of a technician or purchase a replacement.

Motherboard may one of the main culprit cause you replace everything and the problem still persist, its a very common problem where desktop computers aging are nearly die and many issues occurred.

I've encountered all of this and sudden replacement is a solution.