Troubleshoot Computer screen black. How to fix?

Rozesky2

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Oct 12, 2014
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Same issue as before , desktop computer will not start up
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
replaced ram
tried a different monitor
took out and put the bios battery back in
tried a video card
tried a different working power supply
The computer powers on, the fans spin on but a couple of mins later the fans turn off.
The monitor screen is totally black..no post up happens.
There are not post up beeps to trouble shoot.

Now after all my trial and error work on the computer, after putting it back together and saving the
data, it started up. It continued to start up and work fine for 1 day. now it is back to having a
black screen again.

Any one have any sugggestions?I am beginning to think it is a motherboard short?

thank you for your help in advance

A

Antivirus Tester

The computer powers on, the fans spin on but a couple of mins later the fans turn off.
The monitor screen is totally black..no post up happens.
There are not post up beeps to trouble shoot.

Now after all my trial and error work on the computer, after putting it back together and saving the
data, it started up. It continued to start up and work fine for 1 day. now it is back to having a
black screen again.

Any one have any sugggestions?I am beginning to think it is a motherboard short?

thank you for your help in advance
Sounds like bad motherboard

Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Seems that already a bad hardware issue there, so likely you need to make an assistant of a technician or purchase a replacement.

Motherboard may one of the main culprit cause you replace everything and the problem still persist, its a very common problem where desktop computers aging are nearly die and many issues occurred.

I've encountered all of this and sudden replacement is a solution.

Reactions: Dani Santos
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.