New Features Computer Security Configuration forum - New Features and Changes in 2019

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
You made a good point there, so I named my configuration accordingly to discourage anyone from using it. :D
We need some bad configs on the other side of the spectrum, so people can see, what it is not supposed to be like.
Information overload though. The cost of switching and learning is high. Easier to copypasta.
Too complicated to setup tag

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
harlan4096, I did inform the site administrator of the error (gamming, should be gaming) via PM but to date, this hasn't been corrected. It should be, for such a professional site. If this is ever corrected, I'll consider posting my configuration, seeing as this is partly a GAMING computer.

A lot of really good setups posted already, have to say.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Using the MalwareTips theme Midnight, I notice on the members' PC Configurations, the Staff notes are not shown when I'm signed in. They are visible only when signed out. I can understand this if those in a "read only" mode are perusing the configurations but I think it should be visible in all modes. This occurs in both Firefox and Edge for me.

MT notes.PNG

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
Using the MalwareTips theme Midnight, I notice on the members' PC Configurations, the Staff notes are not shown when I'm signed in. They are visible only when signed out. I can understand this if those in a "read only" mode are perusing the configurations but I think it should be visible in all modes. This occurs in both Firefox and Edge for me.

View attachment 205640
I have the same problem.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Is it possible to add office and pdf software in the computer security configuration?
For example, a tool like Hard_Configurator also protects Microsoft Office and Adobe applications.
So we can give better advice if we know what software people use on their configs.

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I meant You can edit to 2020 the previous 2019 if created recently BUT ALWAYS BEFORE MOVED TO ARCHIVED SECTION ;) obviously once there You can't edit the config... the locking of old configs it's not immediate nor automatically, and usually there are a few hours of margin when You can do it...

I know there are some forum users that created a new config in the last days of 2019...

Reactions: Venustus
F

ForgottenSeer 823865

I meant You can edit to 2020 the previous 2019 if created recently BUT ALWAYS BEFORE MOVED TO ARCHIVED SECTION ;) obviously once there You can't edit the config... the locking of old configs it's not immediate nor automatically, and usually there are a few hours of margin when You can do it...

I know there are some forum users that created a new config in the last days of 2019...
i did updated the title to 2020 few weeks ago, but it was archived anyway, forced me to copy-paste the fields, which was unnecessary wasted time.

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
So, then probably I'm wrong, but this question should be asked then to upper Admins, since I do not perform the movement to archived...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.