computer symptoms ....

eowyn

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 24, 2014
now, i am lost again..i just wrote everything above...oh, and i accidentally opened a blank spam, when trying to erase all spam, yesterday morning , i think..i immediately hit delete, when i noticed i had hit the button wrong, etc...idk what that was, idk if it is anything to worry about , really...i hope the above shows up, as i don't have the energy to retype it again, atm..** :( ** ..

ty much,again..

eowyn

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 24, 2014

i forgot these...:oops:..my boys had Bitfinder, Armory & Bitcoin, if that sounds correct..they were also 'killed' by SpybotS&D, after all happened...i'd have to wake them all up, to make sure all were theirs..(( waking them up, is not a job i want to take on, atm.. ** :eek: **)) >>...i know for sure two were installed by them..<< {{ am not sure what they are, or if they are all one thing }}..also, games that were not P2P games, but games that were installed with disc's, & singularly played offline, as in, the Age of Mythology, etc, were also 'killed', as they suddenly became 'infected'...idk if that helps..:confused:

ty for the information above ..looking into it..

Last edited:

eowyn

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 24, 2014
i have done the scans..i am not having luck with attch., atm..i will try again..if you don't get anything, it is my fault, obvi, as migraine is killing me..(( i did save them where you instructed me to ))..ty again and ttys..:oops::confused::(

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
There is a option below called Upload a File. Just click, find the location of report (ususally Desktop) and click twice on it. You can upload multiple reports that way.

Reactions: eowyn

eowyn

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 24, 2014
There is a option below called Upload a File. Just click, find the location of report (ususally Desktop) and click twice on it. You can upload multiple reports that way.

i tried finding the 'upload the file' , unsuccessfully...(( am trying..what do i do next, as i cannot find it?)) :( yes, i do have the the files, saved in desktop..

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Hi,

First of all, I noticed you have two antivirus products installed on you PC, which is not good. Running two antivirus products simultaneously can make the problems sometimes and could be dangerous too.
You need to remove one of them, either Kaspersky PURE, either AVG.

Then, go to Control Panel, and remove following:
- Coupon Printer for Windows
- Download Updater

After you finish all of this:

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.

Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on the Scan button.
  • After the scan has finished click on the Clean button.

Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.

• After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.
  • Post logfile will also be saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder.

eowyn

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 24, 2014
hello..i do have a question b4 i remove the coupon installer..(( i 'enable' it to be able to print legal manufacturer coupons w/ scan codes, for groceries..otherwise, i 'disable' it, when i am not using it to print them..it won't let me print any without it on any of the coupon sites that are legit..))..:confused:

i did uninstall the Kaspersky PURE as it was expired & i cannot afford to rebuy it again, atm {{ i loved when i had Kaspersky, i hope to get it again soon }}..also, the Downloader Updater, i uninstalled..i am not sure what that was..

another question..do i delete all the downloads i did to send the reports attch'd above to you, that i installed the other day, or leave them be..{{ i do not mean to be frustrating.. :( ..just am confused a bit }}..ty for all your help

will check in again in a bit... ty :)

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Sorry for Coupon Printer, it was my mistake, do not need to remove this. Do not delete downloads, we'll clean it when we finish.

Follow my instructions for Adwcleaner.

eowyn

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 24, 2014
Sorry for Coupon Printer, it was my mistake, do not need to remove this. Do not delete downloads, we'll clean it when we finish.

Follow my instructions for Adwcleaner.

oh no..:eek:i already deleted the KasperskyPURE and the Downloader Update...then, after more thought, as you know better than i, i did uninstall the Coupon Printer..(( i can always reinstall it later this week, when i go to print coupons then:oops:.. ))..i'm sorry for confusion, as i should just have done what you told me too, without the confusion:(.. ))..i do ask questions, as i am learning..i will try to keep them at a minimum, as i do not want to frustrate u as you are helping me.. {{ ty for your patience :cool: ..it's nice of you to bear with them all >> meaning my questions,etc:) }}..i have to restart the computer to do the next step of the for AdwCleaner...

after i do that...if you don't mind letting me know:rolleyes:, may i ask more questions after i do that? be back in a jiffy..:cool:.. (( we need some emotes for ty, you rock, happy dances, etc..**grins** ))..kk..bbiab with info.. ** hurries to get it done **

eowyn

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 24, 2014
there are two Adwcleaner downloads..the green one and below is a blue one(it says Xplode by the blue one, so i used that one...i am assuming the blue one is the one, as the green download states it is an advertisement..

eowyn

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 24, 2014
it is showing an AdwCleaner [RO].txt one also..do i send both..(( and a quarantine one and a backup one ))

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Download attached fixlist.txt on the same location as FRST (otherwise the fix won't work)

Open FRST, and click Fix. Attach me that report after it is finished.

Please download zoek.zip or zoek.rar by smeenk (
Zoek_icon.png
) from here or here and save it to your Desktop.
Unpack the archive...
  • Close any open browsers
  • Temporarily disable your AntiVirus program. (If necessary)
    If you are unsure how to do this please read this or this Instruction.
  • Double click on zoek.exe to run the tool .
    Please wait while the tool does not start...
  • Copy the text present inside the code box below and paste it into the large window in the zoek tool:

Code:
    autoclean;
    emptyclsid;
    emptyalltemp;
  • Click on
    Run%20Script%20by%20zoek.png
    button.
    Please wait until a logreport will open (this can be after reboot)
  • Save notepad to your Desktop and attach here zoek-results.log
    Note: It will also create a log in the C:\ directory named "zoek-results.log"

Attachments

• fixlist.txt
    2 KB · Views: 238

eowyn

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 24, 2014
i downloaded the fixlist.txt from you and then opened the FRST doc, and then clicked the fixlist..((am not sure if i did right..if not, i will redo it all..i am a bit confused..not sure if i was suppossed to fix everything when i ran the scan earlier, or do what i just did..here is what i have now..i am so sorry...should i rescan with FRST and then click fix, or did i do this correctly..?))..i will try later as i am totally confused, and must just be either overtired or just totally messing it up..you are explaining in depth & my brain is not grasping it, even though i tried a few times..

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.