Guide | How To Configuring Piriform Software To Be Fully Automatic

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Configuring Piriform Software To Be Fully Automatic will this work on Windows 8 X64 O.S.?
Are the steps different? Because I can seem to get it work?

tipo

Level 8
Well-known
Jul 26, 2012
maybe it was posted maybe it wasn`t. i didn`t have the time to read through the whole thread. sorry for that!
is there any chance to make ccleaner run everytime google chrome closes? i`m on xp.
again sorry if this or something like it was already posted!
cheers!

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Thread author
Apr 17, 2011
Moose said:
Configuring Piriform Software To Be Fully Automatic will this work on Windows 8 X64 O.S.?
Are the steps different? Because I can seem to get it work?

Yes this guide works for Windows 8 32-bit / 64-bit, I am on Windows 8 Pro 64-bit and I have CCleaner functioning automatically fine. The screenshots in the guide were taken on Windows 8 :)

tipo said:
maybe it was posted maybe it wasn`t. i didn`t have the time to read through the whole thread. sorry for that!
is there any chance to make ccleaner run everytime google chrome closes? i`m on xp.
again sorry if this or something like it was already posted!
cheers!

I'm not sure on that, Wouldn't be surprised if there was some way of doing so but I don't know how to sorry. So my minimal way of performing that would be to make a shortcut on the desktop to CCleaner than at the end add /AUTO (Example: "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe" /AUTO) when you double click on the shortcut it will automatically run CCleaner and start cleaning. Or for Windows 8, If you have the CCleaner tile on the Start Screen, Right click on it > Open File Location > and then do the same as above for that shortcut which will be shown to you.

Now when ever you're done with Chrome, Take 2 seconds to click on that shortcut and you're done. :)

Example screenshot:

rcirra.png

Bl4cK1911

Apr 1, 2012
Oh, that horizontally cursor move over a text reminds me of your tutorials :)
Great tutorial, I'm going to use it on my XP.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Is there a method I can use for Chrome, where the Cache, Download History and Browser History (but NOT Cookies) are cleared automatically upon close?

Thanks. :D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.