Guide | How To Configuring Piriform Software To Be Fully Automatic

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Unknown said:
MrXidus - Can you please make a tutorial for ESET SS Config it would help for beginners to learn how to setup ESET SS protection better

For that Biozfear will be the one since he has a more grasp of it because it uses it (I think).

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
McLovin said:
Unknown said:
MrXidus - Can you please make a tutorial for ESET SS Config it would help for beginners to learn how to setup ESET SS protection better

For that Biozfear will be the one since he has a more grasp of it because it uses it (I think).
no biozfear is using CIS 5.10 he uses ESET nod Before CIS 5.10

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Unknown said:
no biozfear is using CIS 5.10 he uses ESET nod Before CIS 5.10

He might be using that now, but he has (as far as I know) a lot more knowledge in ESET.

P

Plexx

I am using CIS 5.10 now. I will make a guide which will be short (no screenshots as I no longer have the program installed). Reason the guide will be short is because there is not much you can tweak for ESET:)

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Biozfear said:
I am using CIS 5.10 now. I will make a guide which will be short (no screenshots as I no longer have the program installed). Reason the guide will be short is because there is not much you can tweak for ESET:)

sir whenever you test eset again in your vm or junk pc please make video or screenshot based tutorial. but please make on ESET SS not ESET NOD32

P

Plexx

Unknown said:
sir whenever you test eset again in your vm or junk pc please make video or screenshot based tutorial. but please make on ESET SS not ESET NOD32

In terms of protection, the only difference between ESET NOD32 and ESET SS is the firewall module.

I have tested both and released the videos on stock settings but I will make the guide shortly to cover both.

One thing you should understand is that unlike Kaspersky (for example), ESET does not have many components to tweak for maximum protection.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Biozfear said:
In terms of protection, the only difference between ESET NOD32 and ESET SS is the firewall module.

I have tested both and released the videos on stock settings but I will make the guide shortly to cover both.

One thing you should understand is that unlike Kaspersky (for example), ESET does not have many components to tweak for maximum protection.

Thanks

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I tried CCEnhancer on the netbook, but it doesn't download CCleaner, switched back to CCleaner+.

N

Nige_40

Earth if you tried CCEnhancer, and opened up CCleaner you would of seen all the settings that CCEnhance has!

That is what I have noticed.

I just thought I let you know

Regards

Nigel

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I understand that CCEnhancer uses winapp2.ini to add programs, but I what I meant, it doesn't download CCleaner.exe if you haven't already got it.

N

Nige_40

Earth said:
I understand that CCEnhancer uses winapp2.ini to add programs, but I what I meant, it doesn't download CCleaner.exe if you haven't already got it.

I understand what you mean now, sorry that I got it wrong.

Yes it is a pitty it don't do that.

Regards

Nigel

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Sir i am trying to copy and paste it in the MSWORD but because there are animating pic MSWORD is not able to copy can any tell me the method to copy and paste this whole guide in MSWORD

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Try using (link below) and Save as PDF or copy the text only.
http://malwaretips.com/archive/index.php?thread-11303.html

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Now cccleaner comes with setting Just click it:
2nlhhsx.jpg

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Thread author
Apr 17, 2011
Stranger said:
Now cccleaner comes with setting Just click it:
2nlhhsx.jpg

I know, See the beginning of my guide where I already show that. ;)

MrXidus said:
KKmLm.gif

What does this do? - The next time you power on your PC (After a restart or shutdown) and login to Windows. CCleaner will automatically perform a clean that won't require any interaction from you.

Advanced Guide To Auto Customization

The above step is simple and straight forward, However we can further customize what we would like CCleaner to do automatically, To do this, We are going to use Windows Task Scheduler to access advanced options.

Payback

Verified
Jan 7, 2013
MrXidus said:
Littlebits said:
Excellent guide for those who want automatic functions.
But I prefer to do everything manually, one of the reasons that I like CCleaner and Defragger is they don't run automatically and use up system resources.

Thanks.:D

If you were to have these 2 programs running automatically, Just how much system resources of yours would be taken up exactly? Not enough to severely impact your PC I'm guessing? Today's modern PC's are more than powerful enough to run such basic tasks as these... Unless you're still on Windows XP with 512MB RAM and a Pentium III processor then I can see the valid reason. Fair enough you can be conservative on your PC and the background resources that get used up, I myself disabled a handful of services I didn't need (such as the Fax and Printer service) right after I installed Windows 8.

Seems like the real reason is the placebo effect in doing so until someone starts bringing up figures and proof of an significant gain in noticeable performance.

Thanks.
Pffftttt,I use windows 95 with Pentium I!!!!!! lol just kidding
Anyway,excellent guide. Thank you for share,I'll make sure to use your XML document. Thank you again bro

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.