Advice Request Considering buying Adguard Family Plan?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

ncage

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
May 20, 2017
Hi everyone. I'm considering buying an adguard family plan. Is it worth it? I already run a pihole server internally (granted there are some limitations to what dns blocking can do). Generally i've standardized on brave which of course has its own adblocking. I've never ran adguard on a pc (just a phone) so i don't know how much it gums up things and slows it down.

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I guess it depends. I have a lifetime license (1 PC + 1 mobile) and despite I love and use the mobile version, I've encountered major speed issues when using the desktop app. Therefore I don't use AdGuard for Windows, instead I use uBlock on the browser; still I use it on Android.

My advice goes towards: do you wish to install it on your family's phones? In that case it's a good idea! If you wish to install it on your family's computers, pretty sure you'll end up uninstalling sooner or later.

DDE_Server

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
i think it is worth the money. Great solution in blocking malicious/phishing websites. i have both desktop/phone version and they work flawlessly. i think it will be good addition with Good filter enabled by default. never affected the speed of internet surfing.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.