Advice Request Consultation: Program for Backup with very good compression

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

eonline

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
Hi, I'm currently looking for a backup program that doesn't take up a lot of space. I tried Paragon and Macrium and both the result of the backup (disk image) is 50GB. Will there be any other program that compresses the backups even more? Thank you very much in advance. Best regards.

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

Alternatively, instead of looking for high compression softs, which make the backup/restore slower; you have to learn how to lighten your system partition, by using portable apps located on another partition for example or removing junk files or obsolete Windows Updates files.
Of course, if you are a gamer on PC...you won't have much liberties.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Acronis has the best compression among all system imaging software I used. Of course, if paid ones comes as an option for you.

You can still find a bootable Acronis 2017 iso on the interent from some previous giveaways. It still works and it's a totally free, but full and legal version.

DDE_Server

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
I backed up with Acronis and it's about 45GB. I guess all the other programs, no matter how good they are, can't do miracles when it comes to disk image compression. Thank you very much. Best regards.
Did you Try AOMEI backupper before??.it is free edition has almost all basic features you need i think it has an efficient compression algorithm

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

have you tried increasing the compression to high with Marcrium?
ScreenHunter_146 Oct. 05 15.21.jpg

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
I backed up with Acronis and it's about 45GB. I guess all the other programs, no matter how good they are, can't do miracles when it comes to disk image compression. Thank you very much. Best regards.
Acronis compress my 60GB C Drive (~30GB of data) into ~7GB image, maximum compression.
Doing the math it seems that your partition has ~200GB of data if max compression image weights ~45GB? It also depends what data is compressed.

eonline

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
I have installed Seagate DiscWizard and I have in a USB AcronisTrueImage2017_NG.iso that by the way I downloaded it in its moment of this dear forum. What is the difference between bootable Acronis and DiscWizard? Is one better than the other or are they basically the same? Macrium has already been uninstalled from my system and as a backup solution I am going to use one of these two versions of Acronis.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Reactions: [correlate]

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.