shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
What happened? Did it provide any relevant error code/clue?
I came back to the computer and saw that it was stuck at the BIOS logo, unable to boot into windows.
I hard restarted, and booted into Windows, and I got a message that the update failed at a certain stage (can't remember what it is called), and it reverted me back to original state of system.

D

Deleted member 178

Just 2 weeks to wait at max. I won't bother install anything before i got it officially.

edit: 5 days lol

Yesterday, Microsoft announced that the Windows 10 Creators Update will begin rolling out to PCs on April 11, but if you just can't wait until then, the company offered some additional good news today. In a blog post detailing the rollout of the Update, it confirmed that early adopters will be able to manually install it beginning on April 5.

The method will be the same as it was with the Anniversary Update; you'll be using the Update Assistant application, which you'll be able to download here. The only steps necessary are to install it and run it, and the Creators Update will begin downloading.

Of course, if you really want to get your virtual hands on it right now, you can always sign up for the Windows Insider Program. Build 15063 is available in the Fast and Slow rings right now for PCs and phones, and that's the RTM build, meaning that it's the same as you would get if you waited until April 5 to manually install it through official channels. If you're in the Release Preview ring, you should see it soon as well.

If you don't choose any of these options for early adoption, you might end up waiting several months. The Creators Update will first roll out to new devices, and then Microsoft will continue to roll it out in phases based on the feedback that it receives.

PC users will be able to manually install the Windows 10 Creators Update on April 5

Last edited by a moderator:

Amelith Nargothrond

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 22, 2017
I came back to the computer and saw that it was stuck at the BIOS logo, unable to boot into windows.
I hard restarted, and booted into Windows, and I got a message that the update failed at a certain stage (can't remember what it is called), and it reverted me back to original state of system.

Sorry to hear this. I found this to be true (occasionally) with public release versions as well. I know some PCs right now that stubbornly refuse to upgrade to 1607...

Amelith Nargothrond

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 22, 2017
That is why, for me, clean installs are always the way to go.

Indeed, the best way to have the new version installed, specially for home users and especially nowadays when genuine MS ISOs are relatively easy to find and to download.

Unfortunately, one of them is mine.

Sounds like a fresh install is waiting for you some time soon :p
It's a pain in the ass to debug why it failed... I found it to be much more quicker to freshly install using a new ISO than to debug (only when it's absolutely necessary i'll take some time to debug).

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SHvFl

Amelith Nargothrond

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 22, 2017
It takes me forever to get my apps installed and everything tweaked to the way I like it. I would rather not update, if it means a fresh install.

This might come in handy: User State Migration Tool (USMT) Overview (Windows 10)
And this: PCmover - Windows Migration from Laplink | Microsoft Recommended | Windows Easy Transfer

But: i never used them; the second one is not free and only the pro can move apps, and only between one pc to another. But there are other migration tools as well, i might look into one and test a few, maybe they could help save some time.

Last edited:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
This might come in handy: User State Migration Tool (USMT) Overview (Windows 10)
And this: PCmover - Windows Migration from Laplink | Microsoft Recommended | Windows Easy Transfer

But: i never used them; the second one is not free and only the pro can move apps, and only between one pc to another. But there are other migration tools as well, i might look into one and test a few, maybe they could help save some time.
Thanks.
Anyone ever used PCmover? Is it good?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Update to "Creators" failed.
For the those of you who are eager to get the Creators Update right away, you will be able to initiate the update manually, starting on April 5th, via Update Assistant. This option is intended for advanced users on devices running a licensed version of Windows 10.
Read more at Managing the Windows 10 Creators Update rollout for a seamless experience - Windows Experience Blog
Via Eager Windows 10 users can manually grab Creators Update on April 5
And Microsoft pushes Windows 10 'Creators Update' to Release Preview ring for Insiders

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I will PM you the links to the insider ISO's from MS that I uploaded yesterday.
I updated another VM and it went surprisingly fast and smooth.
Personally I would wait until the official release,and maybe a bit longer,but if you want to try again it should work without problems.

Microsoft Releases Cumulative Update KB4016250 for Windows 10 Version 1703

Last edited:

Maxxx58

Level 13
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
Hi there,

Is there anyone facing this issue like me? I do a fresh installation of Windows 10 Creators Update using ISO files from Microsoft's server. And now, my problem is when I restart Windows, the brightness level of my computer revert back to 50%. Then I adjust it to 100%, restart and the problem happened again. I think it a bug of new version.

Reactions: SHvFl

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Hi there,

Is there anyone facing this issue like me? I do a fresh installation of Windows 10 Creators Update using ISO files from Microsoft's server. And now, my problem is when I restart Windows, the brightness level of my computer revert back to 50%. Then I adjust it to 100%, restart and the problem happened again. I think it a bug of new version.
I have not experienced that.
Have you tried just updating it instead of a clean install?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.