Ashampoo_Snap_2017.04.01_11h32m53s_001_.png

Ashampoo_Snap_2017.04.01_11h38m03s_001_.png

Last edited:

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
Anyone getting a start menu not working I click the window icon and the menu comes up but is not clickable anywhere.?

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
ok I know what caused it but still don't know which one.I used the O&O shutup 10 program and don't know which one of those items made the start menu not work.Maybe someone knows which one.Thks

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
If you perform the update by mounting the ISO and running it from within Windows, do you have to disable safe boot?

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
If you perform the update by mounting the ISO and running it from within Windows, do you have to disable safe boot?
No. It's not an application driver.

Reactions: shmu26

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Thank you for your answer one thing In this thread at first there are two link of windows 10 creator update iso but those are telling insider preview so how to get the original one please suggest me.
Download the insiders iso. It's the latest and has nothing to do with insiders. I upgraded just fine today and already got the last update they pushed yesterday.
This links you to the original microsoft links when you click what you want.
TechBench downloads

Reactions: ZeroDay

SUPRA

Level 3
Verified
Nov 26, 2016
Download the insiders iso. It's the latest and has nothing to do with insiders. I upgraded just fine today and already got the last update they pushed yesterday.
TechBench downloads
Alright thank you for furnishing the details.

Reactions: SHvFl
D

Deleted member 178

TechBench downloads
so they call it insider preview but it is not insiders? funny MS :p

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Update to "Creators" failed.
Update to "Creators" succeeded this time. Everything seems to work.
Maybe it is because MS pushed updates for it, or maybe it is because I repaired my Windows installation before updating. (I ran an in-place update to the same version I had, before attempting an update to "Creators")

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
so they call it insider preview but it is not insiders? funny MS :p
When big releases are meant to happen they have to pass the iso early to the manufacturers so it makes sense to make an iso. Usually, they don't provide an actual iso and you have to go through hoops(esd) but i guess after their fail releasing the agent and the actual links by accident they though it's a good idea to give the iso to insiders as a release preview. MS is weird but what can you do. At least they made it easier this time.

How is the Defender in Creators Update? Is it better now or still slowing down the PC?

They just added a different GUI called "Windows Defender Security Center." Full system scan still takes about an hour and that is on a system with a fast SSD.

Creator's Update is mostly GUI stuff - like Control Panel is no longer available via WIN + X and command prompt has been replaced with powershell, Programs and Features is now Apps and Features but the old Control Panel is still on the system... stuff along those lines.

Some new apps were added and the ability to block the re-installation of apps after uninstall, delay Windows Updates for a short while, etc.

Search online for a complete list of changes made by Creator's Update. I think people that were expecting something earth shattering will be sorely disappointed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.