Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014

Maxxx58

Level 13
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
I have not experienced that.
Have you tried just updating it instead of a clean install?
I try to update from Anniversary Update using Windows 10 Update Assistant. But after Windows 10 Update Assistant download and install the update, my computer restart many times, and when all processes have done, my computer is still on Anniversary Update, not Creators Update. I tried many times but can't help. So I decided to make a clean fresh install using ISO file.

Reactions: shmu26

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I try to update from Anniversary Update using Windows 10 Update Assistant. But after Windows 10 Update Assistant download and install the update, my computer restart many times, and when all processes have done, my computer is still on Anniversary Update, not Creators Update. I tried many times but can't help. So I decided to make a clean fresh install using ISO file.
You could have downloaded the ISO and ran the setup from file explorer and it would have upgraded.

Maxxx58

Level 13
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
You could have downloaded the ISO and ran the setup from file explorer and it would have upgraded.
I will try. But I'm on Creators Update, and if I want using your method, I need to reinstall Windows 10 Anniversary Update and upgrade using ISO file, right?

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I will try. But I'm on Creators Update, and if I want using your method, I need to reinstall Windows 10 Anniversary Update and upgrade using ISO file, right?
If you are already updated to creators update then you are good.

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Click on Start > Settings > System > You have the option to turn the battery saver ON/OFF

Click on "Battery saver settings" and uncheck "Lower screen brightness while in battery saver

Control Panel > system & security > Power Options > change plan settings > advanced power settings
Go to display and make sure enable adaptive brightness is set to off
Ashampoo_Snap_2017.03.31_23h48m07s_001_.png

Is your laptop by any chance a Sony?

Sony has had driver problems with Windows 10 but it could be a driver problem with the new update since it is not "officially" released yet.

If it wasn't happening on the latest stable Anniversary update and the settings do not help then I would suspect a driver problem.

Last edited:

Maxxx58

Level 13
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
Click on Start > Settings > System > You have the option to turn the battery saver ON/OFF

Click on "Battery saver settings" and uncheck "Lower screen brightness while in battery saver

Control Panel > system & security > Power Options > change plan settings > advanced power settings
Go to display and make sure enable adaptive brightness is set to off
View attachment 144908

Is your laptop by any chance a Sony?

Sony has had driver problems with Windows 10 but it could be a driver problem with the new update
I've already tried all processes above. I think the problem is my Intel HD Graphics driver. I tried to switch to Microsoft Basic Display driver, the problem did not happen again. And when I switch back to Intel HD Graphics driver, and I restart computer, the brightness level turn back to Suggested level (50% level)
1WSHp6L.png

My laptop is Lenovo G40-70. And I never face this problem before

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Does it happen on both battery and plugged in?

Since you did a clean install I might reinstall the latest stable Anniversary update ISO and wait until the Creators Update is out to the public.

Maxxx58

Level 13
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
Does it happen on both battery and plugged in?

Since you did a clean install I might reinstall the latest stable Anniversary update ISO and wait until the Creators Update is out to the public.
It happened on both situations. Thank you for your help. I think the Intel HD Graphics driver does not compatible with Windows 10 Creators Update

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

Amelith Nargothrond

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 22, 2017
It happened on both situations. Thank you for your help. I think the Intel HD Graphics driver does not compatible with Windows 10 Creators Update

I also have a Lenovo (AIO) with an Intel HD520 graphics adapter. Before the upgrade to "Creators", win updated my graphics adapter first, then installed Creators. The upgrade went fine on my end...

Maxxx58

Level 13
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
I also have a Lenovo (AIO) with an Intel HD520 graphics adapter. Before the upgrade to "Creators", win updated my graphics adapter first, then installed Creators. The upgrade went fine on my end...
How you update your Windows to Creators Update? Using Windows 10 Update Assistant or ISO File?
My Windows and drivers are always up-to-date before, but I make a clean install of Windows, and using Windows update to install drivers, then my graphics driver happened probelm. I'm not not facing this probelm before (Also using Windows update to install all drivers)

normalizerx

Level 2
Oct 9, 2012
Guys, I would like to share how I fixed my problem with Edge browser hanging and crashing (even after getting the first cumulative update to the Creators update). I simply deleted all my SRP policies and finally Edge works normally. Strange that even though I had set the level to Unrestricted, somehow the old policies from before the update still interfered in some way with Edge. Thought I would share this in case someone has similar issues and have tried many possible solutions to no effect.
Just one more note - after deleting the rules (with right hand click and delete all SRP policies) you have to either sign out of your account or restart the PC.

Reactions: SHvFl and ZeroDay

Danielx64

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 24, 2017
Guys, I would like to share how I fixed my problem with Edge browser hanging and crashing (even after getting the first cumulative update to the Creators update). I simply deleted all my SRP policies and finally Edge works normally. Strange that even though I had set the level to Unrestricted, somehow the old policies from before the update still interfered in some way with Edge. Thought I would share this in case someone has similar issues and have tried many possible solutions to no effect.
Just one more note - after deleting the rules (with right hand click and delete all SRP policies) you have to either sign out of your account or restart the PC.
I guess that gpupdate /force didn't do the job?

normalizerx

Level 2
Oct 9, 2012
I didn't force them but deleted them, then signed out and in again. Before that, during the update I had chosen the Unrestricted level to avoid any interference with the update process to the Creators update. My policy is default deny (allow specifically what I need to run outside the default areas defined in the 2 default created rules). But as I wrote above, even the Unrestricted level somehow prevented EDGE browser to run. As to creating and forcing SRP rules I have experienced before as well - when I create them and check if they apply by running something that shouldn't, they do not kick in before I sign out and then back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.