Advanced Plus Security cryogent's PC Security Config

Original forum configuration · expand details
Last updated
Feb 16, 2024
Main use of this computer
For home and private use
Operating system
Windows 10
OS version and support details
Pro
On-device encryption
Not applicable
Device sign-in security
    • Windows Hello PIN or biometric sign-in (face / fingerprint / Touch ID)
    • Account password
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
Update channels
Allow stable updates only
User Account Control (UAC)
Always notify
Smart App Control
Not applicable / not available on this device
Network firewall
N/A
Real-time protection
Kaspersky Free | Hard_Configurator | AdGuard Desktop
Device firewall
Microsoft Defender Firewall
Custom security settings
Hard_Configurator with custom settings | FirewallHardening with Recommended H_C & LOL Bins
Custom exploit protection for browsers (Edge and Brave), Microsoft Office and some other software/windows programs | DEP enabled for all programs and services
Periodic malware scanners
EEK | AdwCleaner | KVRT | NPE | Sophos S&C
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Environment for malware testing
None
Browsers and extensions
Brave Beta - tweaked flags - BD Traffic light / CSS Exfill / NetCraft / CookieAuto Delete / ClearURL / Bitwarden
Edge - tweaked flags - Strict tracking protection / BD Traffic light / NetCraft / Bitwarden
Secure DNS
NextDNS (using YogaDNS Client)
Desktop VPN
Forticlient VPN - work | Windscribe - on demand
Password and passkey manager
Bitwarden
Maintenance tools
Windows built-in | Autoruns | Revo Uninstaller | Hibit Uninstaller
File and photo backups
Saved to external devices
Subscriptions
    • None
System recovery
Macrium Reflect / Hasleo Backup Suite
Usage and exposure
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Visiting unknown or untrusted websites
    • Working from home
    • Opening email attachments
    • Online shopping and card payments
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Downloading files from unknown or untrusted sources
    • Sharing and receiving files and torrents
    • Requesting and accepting remote access
    • Gaming
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
Computer specs
CPU- I7 4790
Memory - 16 GB DDR3
GPU - Asus Nvidia Turbo GTX 1060 6 GB
Motherboard- ASUS Z97M-Plus
Storage - 1 X SSD OS-Samsung 870 Evo 256GB; 1x WD 1TB
Case - HP ENVY 750 Case
Power Supply - Seasonic Focus+ 550W Gold
Notable changes
12/05/2022
- Updated all computers Windows to 21H2
- updated Hard_Configurator to 6.0.0.1 beta
- added Hibit Uninstaller
- added Norton Power Eraser to third party scanning
- added Comodo Firewall - @cruelsister settings
03.01.2023
- removed Comodo Firewall from all PC's
- added Adobe Acrobat DC Reader to all PC's
- added Microsoft Office 2021 to all PC's
- maintenance hardware / software ( backup / cleaning)
19.07.2023
- Updated all computers Windows to 22H2
- updated Hard_Configurator to 6.1.1.1
- enabled Windows Defender periodic scanner
- applied CVE-2023-36884 specific recommendations for Storm-0978 attacks
- added Necraft extension to browser's
- added Tenable Nessus Essentials to check for vulnerabilities
- added Hasleo Backup Suite Free as a second backup alternative

16.01.2024​

- performed backup for all pc
Feedback preference

Detailed suggestions and alternatives welcome

Removed Bandizip -> Added Explzh

And attached is my settings for H_C, Exploit protection, KSCF, browsers.
Just delete the ".txt" to use settings.
I want to thank all the MalwareTips users who share their knowledge with us, thanks to them I was able to make these settings.
On exploit file, rename ". txt" to ".zip"
 

Attachments

  • Brave flags.png
    Brave flags.png
    113.1 KB · Views: 341
  • Edge flags.png
    Edge flags.png
    136 KB · Views: 358
  • Cryogent H_C profile.hdc.txt
    Cryogent H_C profile.hdc.txt
    810 bytes · Views: 325
  • Cryogent KSCF settings.cfg.txt
    Cryogent KSCF settings.cfg.txt
    2.3 MB · Views: 445
  • Cryogent_expl_settings.txt
    Cryogent_expl_settings.txt
    2.7 KB · Views: 368
Last edited:
Just to see how is working.
I don't update apps very often and I hate bandizip keep asking me to update. I know what u will say: why don't u just update and get rid of annoying.....what can I say, if is not a critical update in changelog I don't see the point to update that app.
 
Just to see how is working.
I don't update apps very often and I hate bandizip keep asking me to update. I know what u will say: why don't u just update and get rid of annoying.....what can I say, if is not a critical update in changelog I don't see the point to update that app.

May can help you as well, I'm using Bandizip Free Portable (available on homepage), there is no option for auto-updates... Download Portable

BP#1.png

 
May can help you as well, I'm using Bandizip Free Portable (available on homepage), there is no option for auto-updates... Download Portable

View attachment 263599

@silversurfer I tested the portable version but does not have the option to register in the right click menu with "Extract here" or any other command.
I suspect there are third-party variants of adding entries to the menu but last time I tried that, it messed up the whole menu...so...no.... I'll stick with Explzh for now
 
@silversurfer I tested the portable version but does not have the option to register in the right click menu with "Extract here" or any other command.
I suspect there are third-party variants of adding entries to the menu but last time I tried that, it messed up the whole menu...so...no.... I'll stick with Explzh for now
Yes, you are right. No context-menu available for Bandizip Portable, beside that I'm using WinRar as installed software for same purpose.
 
- Updated all computers Windows to 22H2
- updated Hard_Configurator to 6.1.1.1
- enabled Windows Defender periodic scanner
- Configure Defender Custom Settings based on Interactive + CFA enabled - i hope is working even is not enabled real-time protection of WD
- applied CVE-2023-36884 specific recommendations for Storm-0978 attacks
- added Necraft extension to browser's

​

 
Last edited:
- Updated all computers Windows to 22H2
- updated Hard_Configurator to 6.1.1.1
- enabled Windows Defender periodic scanner
- Configure Defender Custom Settings based on Interactive + CFA enabled - i hope is working even is not enabled real-time protection of WD
- applied CVE-2023-36884 specific recommendations for Storm-0978 attacks
- added Necraft extension to browser's

​

CFA will not work with a 3rd party AV.
 
Ok , i understand.....is there a software similar with CFA ? because KFree has system watcher but i think the roll-back function is limited in free version
2 products come to mind:
CheckMAL AppCheck:
NeuShield Data Sentinel:
 
- added Tenable Nessus Essentials to check for vulnerabilities
- added Hasleo Backup Suite Free as a second backup alternative

Under testing Ucheck, RuckZuck and Patch my PC to find an alternative to Sumo.
So far only RuckZuck find more updates than other two, Patch my PC is unable to understand that I already updated some apps with RZ and still display them to update....
 
Last edited:
Under testing Ucheck, RuckZuck and Patch my PC to find an alternative to Sumo.
So far only RuckZuck find more updates than other two, Patch my PC is unable to understand that I already updated some apps with RZ and still display them to update....
GitHub - KK-Designs/UpdateHub: UpdateHub is an app that simplifies updating software on your computer. A user-friendly interface allows you to quickly check for and install available updates for your operating system and applications. Keep your device running smoothly and securely with UpdateHub. Is also worth to consider
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top