Not open for further replies.

askmark

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2016
@Kardo Kristal

I have come across a small problem. If I block an executable when the notification popup appears, but don't choose the option "remember this action", the file gets quarantined but does not then appear in the blacklist. This means I cannot restore it from quarantine if I change my mind or block it by mistake.

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Downloading update ATM. Thanks @Kardo Kristal. :)

Hi @King Mellow,

Your feedback about latest build is much appreciated. :)
@Kardo Kristal

I have come across a small problem. If I block an executable when the notification popup appears, but don't choose the option "remember this action", the file gets quarantined but does not then appear in the blacklist. This means I cannot restore it from quarantine if I change my mind or block it by mistake.

Hi @askmark,

Thank you for the interest.

You can restore file in the following way:
  1. Under "Overview" section, right-click on object name and choose "Add File to Blacklist"
  2. After that go to "Blacklist" section, right-click on object name and choose "Restore Selected File"
  3. Quarantined file should be restored
I hope it helps. :)
Hi @Kardo Kristal

I have 2 questions for you

1. Any Infos for Crystal Security 3.6,3.7,3.8,3.9,4.0 available

2. Any Infos for the multilanguage Version of Crystal Security available, when yes when will you Release it

Hi @Mops21,

Thank you for the interest. :)
  1. No ETA date
  2. Currently there is a plan to add multilingual support after the next version
Regards,
Kardo

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi @King Mellow,

Your feedback about latest build is much appreciated. :)

Hi @askmark,

Thank you for the interest.

You can restore file in the following way:
  1. Under "Overview" section, right-click on object name and choose "Add File to Blacklist"
  2. After that go to "Blacklist" section, right-click on object name and choose "Restore Selected File"
  3. Quarantined file should be restored
I hope it helps. :)

Hi @Mops21,

Thank you for the interest. :)
  1. No ETA date
  2. Currently there is a plan to add multilingual support after the next version
Regards,
Kardo

Okay thank you very much for your Info

With best Regards
Mops21

Y

yigido

Hi @Kardo Kristal ,

Can we improve removal of malware?
For example, I put a and malware.exe into a zip file. But this .zip file also has 3 more safe files.
Crystal Security tries to delete whole archive. Can we just delete this malicious .exe ? :)
+
I face a crash after some usage..while updating wise reg. cleaner..Crystal detected it because it is unknown for "Collective Cloud"..and the crash alert appears together. There is 2 log in its location, if you want me I can send them to you via PM

and which databases you control? to submit False detections?

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
Y

yigido

@Kardo Kristal

I think this is not the expected behavior..Why should I upload my 2.7z archive file?? Why should I block it?
It is password protected and I am using "Common executables" option under 'protection' settings
screenshot.png

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Hi @yigido,

Thank you for the feedback. :)
For example, I put a and malware.exe into a zip file. But this .zip file also has 3 more safe files.
Crystal Security tries to delete whole archive. Can we just delete this malicious .exe ?

Yes, It should be possible to add your suggested feature.
I face a crash after some usage..while updating wise reg. cleaner..Crystal detected it because it is unknown for "Collective Cloud"..and the crash alert appears together. There is 2 log in its location, if you want me I can send them to you via PM

Please submit error logs via PM or e-mail. I will look into it.
and which databases you control? to submit False detections?

Internal and Heuristic engine. Internal engine is also part of Crystal cloud.
You can send the whole file then I can exclude it in both engines. :)
I think this is not the expected behavior..Why should I upload my 2.7z archive file?? Why should I block it? It is password protected and I am using "Common executables" option under 'protection' settings

By default only executable files are uploaded automatically. When file is blocked or allowed manually via Notification and when "Upload file for analysis" is enabled under "Advanced options" then any file will be uploaded. You can also upload any file manually via "Uploads" section.

Regards,
Kardo

Last edited:

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Hi @Yash Khan,
VT staff haven't replied yet?

I got reply from VirusTotal staff. We also discussed about VirusTotal usage in Crystal Security. Some changes are needed.
  1. VirusTotal references will be added into analysis. "VirusTotal" will be also mentioned in "Collective cloud" and "Uploads" descriptions.
  2. It should be clear to users that Crystal Security is a second-opinion tool and not replacement for AntiVirus suite.
  3. Crystal Security helps VirusTotal by submitting unknown executable files (already implemented). Possible to use as "VirusTotal Uploader"
  4. Users can decide what to do with each detected file (already implemented)
All changes will be added in the next version. Everything should be good with VirusTotal usage. :)

Selective engine feature will be not added.

Regards,
Kardo

D

Deleted member 2913

Hi @Yash Khan,

I got reply from VirusTotal staff. We also discussed about VirusTotal usage in Crystal Security. Some changes are needed.
  1. VirusTotal references will be added into analysis. "VirusTotal" will be also mentioned in "Collective cloud" and "Uploads" descriptions.
  2. It should be clear to users that Crystal Security is a second-opinion tool and not replacement for AntiVirus suite.
  3. Crystal Security helps VirusTotal by submitting unknown executable files (already implemented). Possible to use as "VirusTotal Uploader"
  4. Users can decide what to do with each detected file (already implemented)
All changes will be added in the next version. Everything should be good with VirusTotal usage. :)

Selective engine feature will be not added.

Regards,
Kardo
Selective engine feature not allowed by VT Or you are not going to add?

W

Wave

It's amazing how long this project has been in development for by just a single developer, about 6 years? It's looking spectacular, and this software is really nice and useful IMO (and it's FREE which is a big bonus) :) It's looking as sharp as a fresh haircut from the barbers, the GUI is really nice and easy to use :p

I love it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.