Cyber security course for beginners - feedback needed

Andra Zaharia

From Heimdal
Thread author
Verified
Jun 29, 2015
got lessons 2 , well done, nothing much to add.

maybe:

4- if your computer is used by friends , be sure to enable the "Guest accounts" so they won't be able to install potentially infected softwares. The most vulnerable link of the security chain is the user.

While I do see your point, please note that the course is sent via email and is destined to be read in your inbox. This is why there is no option to save the content in any form.

We might offer this option in the future, but we have not yet decided which way to go about this.

D

Deleted member 178

i meant in the future; you could add to the lesson 2 point 4, the lines about using a guest account.

Reactions: upnorth
D

Deleted member 178

i read lesson 3 and 4 , nothing much to add, good job, the essential was said.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
One more answer/question in lesson 3 point 1 could perhaps be..." why do you want your machine to be used as a Zoombie ( Bot ) ". Malicious code similar the Lion worm could easy be used as an example. Pointing out better why privacy is something that actually matter both online and offline. Very good hints and tips on the privacy topic can be found here :

D

Deleted member 178

Lesson 5 is complete too.nothing much to add. keep up the good work ;)

Andra Zaharia

From Heimdal
Thread author
Verified
Jun 29, 2015
One more answer/question in lesson 3 point 1 could perhaps be..." why do you want your machine to be used as a Zoombie ( Bot ) ". Malicious code similar the Lion worm could easy be used as an example. Pointing out better why privacy is something that actually matter both online and offline. Very good hints and tips on the privacy topic can be found here :

Thank you for the feedback and suggestions! Much appreciated.

The privacy subject is very broad and provides much food for thought, but we didn't want to go into too much detail there. An entire course could be dedicated to privacy matters in my opinion, and maybe one day we'll have the time to create one as well. The TED talk you suggested is, indeed, a very good source and I'll see if I can include it somewhere.

Thank you!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.