LastPass
*Backup Browser= Edge
AdGuard DNS
AdGuagd Premium
Ublock
LastPass
Maintenance tools
Kerish Dr. (Premium)
Ccleaner (Lifetime) (browser cleaning only)
File and Photo backup
Macrium Reflect Home (Premium) Cloning
System recovery
Reflect Home (Premium)

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Got Intel's TrueKey Premium running today.
So I updated my config to reflect correctly.
PeAcE
How well does their facial and fingerprint recognition works if you had the chance to test?

EDIT: Oh they have a free 19 password trial so let's see what this baby does and how it compares with lastpass.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
How well does their facial and fingerprint recognition works if you had the chance to test?
My wife used it on her laptop, the face recognition, I helped her install and set it up, its works well.
She has a very good camera in her laptop so that may help, she has my XPS gaming laptop.
It offered her to skip password sign-in on the windows logon screen in the far lower left corner
so I told her to let it guide her, I had her make faces at the login and when she did it would fail,
when she didn't it logged her in easy as pie. I don't run Cameras on my DigitalStorm gaming PC or a print reader, The XPS has one but I did not help her set it up.
I can tomorrow if you want and I can let you know how it went.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
My wife used it on her laptop, the face recognition, I helped her install and set it up, its works well.
She has a very good camera in her laptop so that may help, she has my XPS gaming laptop.
It offered her to skip password sign-in on the windows logon screen in the far lower left corner
so I told her to let it guide her, I had her make faces at the login and when she did it would fail,
when she didn't it logged her in easy as pie. I don't run Cameras on my DigitalStorm gaming PC or a print reader, The XPS has one but I did not help her set it up.
I can tomorrow if you want and I can let you know how it went.
No worries i got the trial and will test it on my setup. Lastpass doesn't have face recognition so that might convince me to switch. Sadly no windows hello compatibility for me which is kinda sad.
Also i am testing enpass which seems great but not knowing the brand makes me unsure to switch to that even though it seems the perfect program.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
No worries i got the trial and will test it on my setup. Lastpass doesn't have face recognition so that might convince me to switch. Sadly no windows hello compatibility for me which is kinda sad.
Also i am testing enpass which seems great but not knowing the brand makes me unsure to switch to that even though it seems the perfect program.
When I first got it a while back, I got an extended trial by importing my passwords from LastPass, just a heads up.
It will unlock the full "no limits" version for 30 days. If you dont import is limited to 15 logins I think ?
Keep that in mind brother.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
When I first got it a while back, I got an extended trial by importing my passwords from LastPass, just a heads up.
It will unlock the full "no limits" version for 30 days. If you dont import is limited to 15 logins I think ?
Thanks for the info. WIll import then to have a better trial experience. Thanks buddy.

askmark

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2016
@_CyberGhosT_

I currently use lastpass and I'm curious to know why did you decide to jump ship to Intel?

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
@_CyberGhosT_

I currently use lastpass and I'm curious to know why did you decide to jump ship to Intel?
I am a little leary of LastPass's track record. I tried TrueKey and was won over by their features and
encryption. I had an issue for quite some time getting it to install though, so I continued to use
LastPass until I could get TrueKey to install. Every month I would download the installer and try again
This time it went like clockwork. LastPass has had a major breach in the "not too" distant past and
I feel that TrueKey is more secure. I will admit that I too liked LastPass, as well as StickyPass. In the
end with the advanced login options TrueKey is a good choice.
The encryption they employ is top notch, here's a snipit:
(Quote)
Your passwords and wallet items are encrypted on your own device using AES-256, the strongest encryption available. (End)
here is a link to the source: How secure is the True Key app? Why should I trust it with my passwords?

Thanks for asking ;)

askmark

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2016
Thanks for explaining your reasons. I must admit I had forgotten about the breach.

I'm glad i found your post as I'd not thought about using an alternative until now. Although when I found out LogMeIn had bought lastpass i must admit it did make me a bit nervous.

Thanks to @SHvFl for mentioning empass I now have another alternative to consider which I also wasn't aware existed until now.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Update:
stared having the same issue with Ccleaner Pro crashing when attempting to clean FireFox,
Enough is enough, I replaced it with Privacy Eraser seeing it too has the ability to monitor
and clean my browsers. I am very disappointed in Ccleaner and have removed it from my
system for good.
If you remember I had this issue a couple weeks ago, after a reinstall of FireFox it went away, I refuse to keep doing this so Ccleaner had to go.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Just did a real quick swap.
I re-enabled W.A.R
Disabled SBG for now.
I have left it on my system though, I am waiting for it to be updated further, and maybe a test or two to be run
so I can gauge its effectiveness. ;)

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I recently got a good offer on VMware Pro 12
Its usually about 250.00 here in the states,
I was able to pick it up for 175.00 so I
decided to grab it. It will take a month or
two to become proficient with navigating
and learning how to use it. Once I do I will
then start learning the in's and out's of Malware
testing, I hope to start producing test video's by
January or February of 2017 :)

VM_Pro_SS.png

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
@_CyberGhosT_ I am sure it will not take you so long to learn it. It's pretty easy actually and i am sure it will not take more than a few days of reading or playing around with it.
Yeah I worded that wrong, I want to learn the software, as well as tinkering with malware and I need a heads up on some good software for the screen capture for making vidoes.
All in all I think I can be ready by early 2017 :)

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Yeah I worded that wrong, I want to learn the software, as well as tinkering with malware and I need a heads up on some good software for the screen capture for making vidoes.
All in all I think I can be ready by early 2017 :)
I don't do it anymore but what i tried was OBS recording locally at high bitrate and then editing with Adobe Premiere.

https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/obs-classic-how-to-make-high-quality-local-recordings.16/
https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/how-to-use-quicksync.16664/
http://imgur.com/a/2RdeL#0

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
did you win a license for BTS? at least now you are using an AV :D
Why did you remove WAR? Was the license expired or it caused too many problems for you?
No I am a longtime user of BD and keep an active subscription.
My W.A.R subscription is lifetime I removed it to enable BD's ransomware module.
Thanks for asking Rain

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Ok Back to my HitMan and VoodooShield config,
Reason being the firewall in bitdefender was buggy, I kept getting the Windows popup to choose a firewall.
When I would open the "Check Firewall status" menu it would show the settings as being managed by Bitdefender.
But going to the firewall options I had the option of activating Windows FW Or Defenders, I reset it and restarted,
and got the warning to enable Windows security, and the firewall was listed as not active.
I don't have time to chase a buggy firewall, and I did report this to the BD team.
I reinstalled HitManPro Alert and WFC, as well as re-enabled SBGuard.
I may try BD later but I refuse to proceed with a buggy firewall, I like running lite configs but that requires a well
functioning firewall as a foundation to build upon.
screenshot_16.png

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Ok Back to my HitMan and VoodooShield config,
Reason being the firewall in bitdefender was buggy, I kept getting the Windows popup to choose a firewall.
When I would open the "Check Firewall status" menu it would show the settings as being managed by Bitdefender.
But going to the firewall options I had the option of activating Windows FW Or Defenders, I reset it and restarted,
and got the warning to enable Windows security, and the firewall was listed as not active.
I don't have time to chase a buggy firewall, and I did report this to the BD team.
I reinstalled HitManPro Alert and WFC, as well as re-enabled SBGuard.
I may try BD later but I refuse to proceed with a buggy firewall, I like running lite configs but that requires a well
functioning firewall as a foundation to build upon.
screenshot_16.png
Your setup is getting bigger and bigger. Be careful to not overdone it and end up with issues all the time.
What does Kerish doctor does for you? Seems like snake oil from the few seconds i spend reading their site.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.