LastPass
*Backup Browser= Edge
AdGuard DNS
AdGuagd Premium
Ublock
LastPass
Maintenance tools
Kerish Dr. (Premium)
Ccleaner (Lifetime) (browser cleaning only)
File and Photo backup
Macrium Reflect Home (Premium) Cloning
System recovery
Reflect Home (Premium)

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Your setup is getting bigger and bigger. Be careful to not overdone it and end up with issues all the time.
Bigger ?
This is what I am running now:
screenshot_16.png

Just VS and HitManPro Alert I dig all remnants out of my Registry and I know where in the hidden files to remove leftovers too, so no I do it right ;)

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Bigger ?
This is what I am running now:
screenshot_16.png

Just VS and HitManPro Alert I dig all remnants out of my Registry and I know where in the hidden files to remove leftovers too, so no I do it right ;)
That doesn't solve the problem though. Only way is to take an image before a program test and if you don't like it restore it. About bigger i noticed Kerish doctor that's why i said it.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
KD has always been there go back and look, its not a new addition.
EVGA precision X is new though. You notice Ccleaner is gone ?
I dont need it anymore with it messing up FireFox.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
KD has always been there go back and look, its not a new addition.
EVGA precision X is new though. You notice Ccleaner is gone ?
I dont need it anymore with it messing up FireFox.
I see. I probably forgot about that update. Evga precision is cool to control fan speeds and overclock though.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I see. I probably forgot about that update. Evga precision is cool to control fan speeds and overclock though.
The new addition I have added recently is Privacy Eraser, I use it only for the realtime browser cleaning.
It replaces what Ccleaner was having such a hard time with. and I like that it can be set to only clean the browsers and nothing else.

Rebsat

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
@_CyberGhosT_
Ultimate Security Config bro ;)
Could you please let me know why did you disable WinAntiRansom in your config?
also Why are you prefer SBGuard Anti-Ransomware over WinAntiRansom and Cryptoprevent? if you could specify the reason. Thank you...

According to the following thread, thJS/Cerber.S!Eldorado Ransomware bypassed Smartscreen & UAC...
Will SBGuard Anti-Ransomware protect my PC 100% against these types of Ransomware attack?

Thank you very much for your good assistance :)

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
@_CyberGhosT_
Ultimate Security Config bro ;)
Could you please let me know why did you disable WinAntiRansom in your config?
also Why are you prefer SBGuard Anti-Ransomware over WinAntiRansom and Cryptoprevent? if you could specify the reason. Thank you...

According to the following thread, thJS/Cerber.S!Eldorado Ransomware bypassed Smartscreen & UAC...
Will SBGuard Anti-Ransomware protect my PC 100% against these types of Ransomware attack?

Thank you very much for your good assistance :)
Greetings :)
I only disabled WAR long enough to test run SBGuard , I rely on WAR as a main staple of my config.
To be honest VooDooShield, WAR and HMPA, are all my config consists of and it will be that way for the foreseeable future.
I may temporarily mod it for software testing purposes but now you know who I trust and rely on ;)
To answer your question on SBGuard, I can't say for sure as of yet, too many unanswered questions to date,
but know that I am watching them closely and SBGuard has my interest. As I learn more I will share :)
Thanks for asking brother.
::EDIT::
I did forget to change it back to WAR, lol :p
It's fixed now.

askmark

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2016
Greetings :)
I only disabled WAR long enough to test run SBGuard , I rely on WAR as a main staple of my config.
To be honest VooDooShield, WAR and HMPA, are all my config consists of and it will be that way for the foreseeable future.
I may temporarily mod it for software testing purposes but now you know who I trust and rely on ;)
To answer your question on SBGuard, I can't say for sure as of yet, too many unanswered questions to date,
but know that I am watching them closely and SBGuard has my interest. As I learn more I will share :)
Thanks for asking brother.
I did forget to change it back to WAR, lol :p
It's fixed now.

@_CyberGhosT_

Now WAR has become anti-malware and anti-exe, have you noticed any conflicts between WAR and VS or do they play nicely together?

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
@_CyberGhosT_

Now WAR has become anti-malware and anti-exe, have you noticed any conflicts between WAR and VS or do they play nicely together?
Cool that you bring this up Mark, thanks man.
I am watching for this very thing, and as of yet there have been no issues.
I don't know though how much further Bret and his team will tweak WAR so I am a little nervous.
If it came down to having to choose between the two, VS is staying on my system period, but
I hope not to be put in that position as I love what WAR provides outside of the Ransomware spectrum.
I am also watching for issues between HMPA and WAR as it progresses.
PeAcE Brother.

askmark

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2016
Cool that you bring this up Mark, thanks man.
I am watching for this very thing, and as of yet there have been no issues.
I don't know though how much further Bret and his team will tweak WAR so I am a little nervous.
If it came down to having to choose between the two, VS is staying on my system period, but
I hope not to be put in that position as I love what WAR provides outside of the Ransomware spectrum.
I am also watching for issues between HMPA and WAR as it progresses.
PeAcE Brother.

No problem, I knew you'd be person to ask.

I'm not currently using WAR, but I did purchase a lifetime license before the cutoff which I am keen to try out. So far I've resisted installing it as I was apprehensive about combining it with VS and HMPA, but it sounds like I needn't have been. Have you had to make any tweaks at all to stop any overlapping of functionality?

If you don't mind me asking but what does WAR provide you that VS and HMPA combined don't?

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
If you don't mind me asking but what does WAR provide you that VS and HMPA combined don't?
Well, at the time the fear of VS freezing issue I did not have HMPA added, its the newest addition to my config and it was added for the Keystroke and online protection,
in keeping with a sig free config it often leaves you wide open to browser based assaults, so you have to stack on a healthy amount of security based plugin's. I don't
like doing this so I thought HMPA would fit right in, but I digress.
Having not added HMPA yet I wanted coverage as a safety net in case I did start being hit with frequent VS freezes, I didn't want to turn my back on Dan over the whole
freeze thing, I figured I should make sure that I am covered though in the event I too started having a high volume of freezing. Thanks to CruelSis and some reading I
figured WAR would be good in that it would not be weighty and afford me sufficient protection should VS go down while I am preoccupied and didn't notice immediately.
So you see the overlap is there but as you may notice if you install WAR and run with this config, there should be large areas of not just overlap, but some conflicting
involved, and I can't explain it but there's not, it's just not there for me. To be honest, actually I was more concerned where VS and WAR are concerned and that has
proven to be a non issue. "knock on wood". I was even warned that I would experience issues by a fella or two and that has yet to bare any fruit. I hate sounding
stereo typical but these are 3 very well made products and I suspect that has a lot to do with it. Believe it or not, no tweaking and this config is one of the lightest
and most trouble free configs I have ever run, and thats why it has not been changed since I stumbled on it, sure I change it by disabling something here or there
to test out things, but not "uninstalling" and installing new ##### because you know when you get it right, it "feels" right, and this config does that for me.
PS: I will never mind you asking brother ;)
PeAcE

Last edited:
H

hjlbx

Well, at the time the fear of VS freezing issue I did not have HMPA added, its the newest addition to my config and it was added for the Keystroke and online protection,
in keeping with a sig free config it often leaves you wide open to browser based assaults, so you have to stack on a healthy amount of security based plugin's. I don't
like doing this so I thought HMPA would fit right in, but I digress.
Having not added HMPA yet I wanted coverage as a safety net in case I did start being hit with frequent VS freezes, I didn't want to turn my back on Dan over the whole
freeze thing, I figured I should make sure that I am covered though in the event I too started having a high volume of freezing. Thanks to CruelSis and some reading I
figured WAR would be good in that it would not be weighty and afford me sufficient protection should VS go down while I am preoccupied and didn't notice immediately.
So you see the overlap is there but as you may notice if you install WAR and run with this config, there should be large areas of not just overlap, but some conflicting
involved, and I can't explain it but there's not, it's just not there for me. To be honest, actually I was more concerned where VS and WAR are concerned and that has
proven to be a non issue. "knock on wood". I was even warned that I would experience issues by a fella or two and that has yet to bare any fruit. I hate sounding
stereo typical but these are 3 very well made products and I suspect that has a lot to do with it. Believe it or not, no tweaking and this config is one of the lightest
and most trouble free configs I have ever run, and thats why it has not been changed since I stumbled on it, sure I change it by disabling something here or there
to test out things, but not "uninstalling" and installing new ##### because you know when you get it right, it "feels" right, and this config does that for me.
PS: I will never mind you asking brother ;)
PeAcE

You have to better understand HMP.A's online protections.

• The banking protection works when a banking trojan has made it onto your physical system, has gained persistence and is actively running.
  • You'll have to ask @Erik Loman about the in-the-browser protection changes as I have not gotten the technical infos. I think there were some improvements or features added.
  • The keylog protection is the same; it will keep a keylogger already on your system from capturing the keystrokes; it isn't going to stop webpage based keylogging or malicious browser add-ons\extensions - that is unless they've added browser - add-on isolation.
  • HMP.A has browser process memory protections - but precise technical infos are hard to come by - so better to ask specific questions at Wilders where the developers are much more active.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
You have to better understand HMP.A's online protections.

• The banking protection works when a banking trojan has made it onto your physical system, has gained persistence and is actively running.
  • You'll have to ask @Erik Loman about the in-the-browser protection changes as I have not gotten the technical infos. I think there were some improvements or features added.
  • The keylog protection is the same; it will keep a keylogger already on your system from capturing the keystrokes; it isn't going to stop webpage based keylogging or malicious browser add-ons\extensions - that is unless they've added browser - add-on isolation.
  • HMP.A has browser process memory protections - but precise technical infos are hard to come by - so better to ask specific questions at Wilders where the developers are much more active.
Its not an issue now, my windows config will consist of VoodooShield and WAR, and I am now searching and reading up on weather of not I need to run more than the firewall in Mint 18 ;)

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Ok, I got all transitioned over to Mint 18 and love it.
Most of you know I am running a high end DigitalStorm custom gaming system.
I noticed just by changing the OS from MS to Linux a 20c drop in idle and running
temps, to me that seems crazy and inaccurate. It's not though I had to verify my meter
was working lol.
I say this to point out, it really goes to show how even on a high end system how hard
Microsoft's OS is on a PC compared to a Linux build. That shocked me.
I think I set the settings correct up there, but if I missed anything feel free to give me a
shout out.
PeAcE
On my Windows build seeing it will have no browsers and be exclusively for Gaming only I will streamline the Config to VooDooShield only with HMP as my on demand. I have already transferred over all my Images / Media & Files, so all I have left on the MS OS is to uninstall and clean up.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.