App Review CyberGuard Free 2021 (Demonstration)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hello and welcome to the Cyberguard test!
CyberGuard is a new security software that comes from Germany.
It is not an antivirus, nor an anti-malware !
That's why the test protocol has been modified for this software. No URL, but a pack with old malware (Brontok, Virut, Worm.AutoRuns, ZeuS / Zbot etc) and new malware.
But it will detect suspicious or malicious behavior to protect the system. But... is it efficient?

Unfortunately.... No.
Even if it intercepted some attacks (like Zbot, SpyEye, PolyRansom and others), it let a lot of infections pass without reacting.
The system gets overloaded very quickly, and viruses (especially Virut) and worms seriously attack the system.

Software not recommended and to be reviewed entirely!

Result :
- HitmanPro : 518
- NPE : infected by a virus
- ESET Online : infected by a virus
- KVRT : 986

@SecureKongo request

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Holy smokes! Too much threats have been detected & missed and VM wasn't compromised?

Yes, it is :)
But a virus and a worm is discreet ;) but a lot of files have been infected...
Out of video, I deleted the infected files, the virtual machine was not starting anymore...

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
See here:

Viotto

From BreakingSecurity.net
Verified
Developer
Mar 5, 2022
Dear all,

Viotto from BreakingSecurity here.
I am the developer of CyberGuard.
I noticed you wanted to test CyberGuard against different threats, but the Free edition does not provide proper protection against some categories of malware.
I will be happy to grant you some free licenses of the Full edition in order to make proper tests and report the results. x)

Contact me anytime here or at admin@breakingsecurity.net

Best Regards

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Dear all,

I noticed you wanted to test CyberGuard against different threats, but the Free edition does not provide proper protection against some categories of malware.
I will be happy to grant you some free licenses of the Full edition in order to make proper tests and report the results. x)

Best Regards

Mail send 😉

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Dear all,

Best Regards
From your website it seems not supporting Win 11

No Sandbox, HIPS, phishing, fingerprinting and safe web protection

How's CyberGuard Pro compared to Kaspersky Internet Security or ESET Smart Security Premium?

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadowra

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.