Advice Request Cycling Update VooDooShield

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cortex

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Problem today on VooDooShield which finds an update, installs OK but the process goes over & over many times until closed version 3.59. The program continues to do this until closed down. It's a paid version but does it on free also. I also imaged back a few weeks before I had the program so essentially it was a fresh installation but it does the same update over & over. At this point I've deleted it as it’s driving me to distraction. Am I alone in this ;-)

plurkstar

Level 1
Jun 1, 2017
I am having the same issue. Let's wait for an official fix..Currently my Voodooshield can't even start. When I press start, it goes to update mode.

Cortex

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Great, as long as it's not just I - will await a fix - Thanks all :)

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
I suggest to remove 3.59, clean all remnants and install 4.15 manually.

Reactions: simmerskool

boredog

Level 9
Verified
Jul 5, 2016
Great, as long as it's not just I - will await a fix - Thanks all :)

I still have that version in my VM. I will crank that up later after the football game and see if I get same results.

EDIT: I had time before the game to check out the issue in my VM and sure enough it gets stuck in an update loop.

Last edited:

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Issue should be fixed now:
Sorry for the inconvenience… I did not realize that it was already New Years in certain time zones
wink.gif

The automatic update should work fine now, but if it does not, you can download VoodooShield 4.15 below.

https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield.exe

There were a lot of changes in VoodooShield and the database in version 4.0, so please check your account to make sure everything is accurate, and if it is not, please let me know.

If there is anything odd with your account, you might try to exit out of VoodooShield, then delete the following file, then start VoodooShield again.

C:\ProgramData\VoodooShield\voodooshield-token.json

Happy New Years!

Thank you,

Dan

Andi.HR

Level 2
Verified
Apr 23, 2014
Everyone with v3.59 stable version should uninstall and remove any remnants and install new stable v4.15!
The upgrade does not work because of too much changes between those two versions.

Reactions: Av Gurus and shmu26
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.