Cylance Articles & thoughts

Burrito

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
@Music4Ever @Burrito - you must enable the advanced UI. There are (or were?) instructions @ Cylance site to do this, or you may find them in a post by @ForgottenSeer 58943 in one of the more recent C threads. I believe this will take care of your issue.

Yes, you can by running Cylance in advanced mode.
Cylance Agent - Advanced UI Mode

Thank you to you both.

And that's what makes MT great... people helping people.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Well I don't know what I'm doing wrong here, thinking of putting PC's on eBay with tag 'to stupid to own a computer' For me, there seems to be some info missing on creating advanced UI OR as above going totally senile - However I like Cylance & will search if SlySoft has slightly more detailed info as doing something wrong here - One thing I found is I bought a single user & then got the option to increase to 5 at a lower cost than is on the buy page, actually the price I was looking for :eek:

Burrito

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
Well I don't know what I'm doing wrong here, thinking of putting PC's on eBay with tag 'to stupid to own a computer' For me, there seems to be some info missing on creating advanced UI OR as above going totally senile - However I like Cylance & will search if SlySoft has slightly more detailed info as doing something wrong here - One thing I found is I bought a single user & then got the option to increase to 5 at a lower cost than is on the buy page, actually the price I was looking for :eek:

@ForgottenSeer 58943 aka SlySoft --- can possibly assist.

He's the techy guy..

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014

You need to close the UI first (exit option in the tray icon), then just open the command prompt and type the following in this order:

CD C:\Program Files\Cylance\Desktop
CylanceUI.exe -a

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018

And here if you want another reference: Q&A - Delete From Quarantine In Cylance? (y)

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
Cylance seems like the new AV I'd like to try, but it's the price tag I have an issue with. Looks like a great product though.

~LDogg
I accompany you the feeling to my happens the same thing, that I would like to try but the price does not suit me, and with so many good free solutions, I'm not encouraged.:giggle:

Last edited:

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
You need to close the UI first (exit option in the tray icon), then just open the command prompt and type the following in this order:

CD C:\Program Files\Cylance\Desktop
CylanceUI.exe -a

Thanks a million I was stupidly adding a slash after CD, much appreciated your patience & help, I'm a happy guy now, got it running how I never could last year which is why I stopped using it. Also 'olschool' for the thread, most helpful. Great forum this is ! :)

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

@ForgottenSeer 58943 aka SlySoft --- can possibly assist.

He's the techy guy..

Right click the Cylance Icon, create a shortcut. Copy shortcut to startup folder then modify it with the -a parameter. Then go into task manager, startup, and disable the regular Cylance startup leaving the shortcut one you created. Now Cylance will always load with the advanced interface for you.

Reactions: Burrito

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Right click the Cylance Icon, create a shortcut. Copy shortcut to startup folder then modify it with the -a parameter. Then go into task manager, startup, and disable the regular Cylance startup leaving the shortcut one you created. Now Cylance will always load with the advanced interface for you.

Thanks! Works perfectly :)

Reactions: Burrito
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Interesting to know, this publication listing CIA firms, has Cylance listed as a CIA Front Company.

Side Note: Associated Press is listed as a CIA front that provides press cover for CIA agents, and CIA directed press releases/public perception news aggregation. The book is full of surprises, such as American Red Cross actually being a CIA front and involved in arms trafficking with medical/humanitarian supplies.. :unsure: Lots of news organizations (The Daily Beast, CIA front), quite a number of banks and things. But the most hilarious (and sad) one was a major AK-47 manufacturer is actually a CIA front so they can stamp out weapons that don't look like their from the USA..

Oops, going off topic... Good book though.

Reactions: roger_m

artek

Level 5
Verified
May 23, 2014
Interesting to know, this publication listing CIA firms, has Cylance listed as a CIA Front Company.

Side Note: Associated Press is listed as a CIA front that provides press cover for CIA agents, and CIA directed press releases/public perception news aggregation. The book is full of surprises, such as American Red Cross actually being a CIA front and involved in arms trafficking with medical/humanitarian supplies.. :unsure: Lots of news organizations (The Daily Beast, CIA front), quite a number of banks and things. But the most hilarious (and sad) one was a major AK-47 manufacturer is actually a CIA front so they can stamp out weapons that don't look like their from the USA..

Oops, going off topic... Good book though.

You have to consider the source with stuff like this. The reputation of the author. The veracity of his scholarly data.

"On June 30, 2013, the London Observer published a front page story sourced to Madsen. According to Michael Moynihan of the Daily Beast, shortly after going to press, The Observer "realized that the story's author, Jamie Doward, failed to conduct even the most perfunctory Google search on Madsen. That would have revealed him to be a paranoid conspiracy theorist in the tradition of Alex Jones, on whose radio show he often appears".[9] The article was quickly removed from the parent (The Guardian) newspaper's website pending an investigation, but not before the print edition had gone to press.[6][29][30][30] According to Forbes magazine, The Observer likely took the story down as it was concerned with the reliability of the source rather than the content as no matter how "left field" the source was, the story seems to be largely true and has been a matter of public record for some years.[31] "

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Of course, anyone questioning the swamp is a conspiracy theorist nutter that sees black helicopters.

However in this book, I've checked with some of my own sources about many of the companies he mentioned that I was surprised to see and that in fact, actually are CIA fronts. For example he mentions Kalitta Air. Not too many people know that Kalitta Air is entirely a CIA front for rendition flights and secret arms shipments. Based out of the former Whirtsmith AFB in Northern Michigan.

Not saying the author is perfect. Nor am I saying the book is 100% accurate for every firm. Just saying - Cylance is listed as a CIA front in the book with source data to substantiate that particular claim.

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
How does Cylance deals with false negatives? Wait 6 months to a new model update seems to be too much.

Reactions: oldschool

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.