Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
This morning, I see a new block by DeepInstinct in reference to Firefox.exe
"...was identified as a remote code injection and is now blocked
Security Engine= Behavioral analysis
Security Module Remote code injection"

probably safe to assume this is a false positive, only my 2d in about 9 months, & IIRC I think the first one was also remote code injection(??). So think this is NOT exactly a false+ as I think the detection is real, but it's "false" in that I need to create an exception for firefox. But also wondering if something changed in how firefox goes online & interacts with the system. I was not running firefox when this popup block appeared, so I assume it was firefox checking for updates...? :unsure: Any other Di users see this...:unsure::unsure:
PS sorry no screen shot snip it as popup was on my hardware win10, and I'm online in VM.

Edit: perhaps of interest, Firefox 122.0.1 and as I said above it was not running, so I clicked its icon to open it, and it open normally and I checked "About" and it opened normally too... :unsure:So that raises some questions in my mind about the Di "detection" / block... :unsure:

Last edited:
Reactions: Kongo

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
This morning, I see a new block by DeepInstinct in reference to Firefox.exe
"...was identified as a remote code injection and is now blocked
Security Engine= Behavioral analysis
Security Module Remote code injection"
Got the same block right now

• Thanks
Reactions: simmerskool

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Got the same block right now
Wow & good, not just me :D

PS I sent an email to cyberforcesecurity. If we both got this popup, then probably 100s or 1000s others did too, and if false+ maybe it will be fixed by Di rather than creating exception.

Reactions: Kongo

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.