App Review DeepInstinct Endpoint Security 2023

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I've been running DeepInstinct for +11 days on hardware win10 (not HP). I like it. I like its online dashboard for management. I obtained it from reseller for $42/yr, and then got a 2d license and deployed it on VM too. The initial setup had a few minor hiccups due to my unfamiliarity with software, minor learning curve, and then 2d deployment on VM was a snap. The initial scan on my hardware win10 took 4 hours, but it scanned all the ssd, with a lot of stored files going back at least 15 years. The initial scan found 8 items, 4 of which were old saved files, eg, Kaspersky tdskiller. Two detections were highly suspect involving mssense.dll -- I am still researching those 2, but they are blocked and quarantined. For me, DeepIn is very light. Its initial scan on the VM was in the background, and it did not even realize it was scanning. It is also well documented. Its Behavior Analysis blocked a good app, but the dashboard provides all the info you need to create a very specific exception, and now that once blocked app runs fine.

Last edited:

ShenguiTurmi

Level 3
Well-known
Feb 28, 2023
I am using it at my underpowered 2017 core m3-6y30 1.5ghz laptop along with Windows defender and it's super light. I can't tell a performance difference from F-secure.

The only thing that was slow was the initial full scan which took about 5 hours and I only have a single 256 GB drive on it that's half full
u can skip full scan by using command line when install DI.
in cmd/powershell
.\InstallerManaged_deep.exe [manager server] /token [install token] /nfs
/nfs mean "no initial full scan after installation"

Trident

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
u can skip full scan by using command line when install DI.
in cmd/powershell
.\InstallerManaged_deep.exe [manager server] /token [install token] /nfs
/nfs mean "no initial full scan after installation"
Yeah, but it’s better to perform full scan and ensure that the baseline is clean. It’s not too different from home AVs, many want you to run a full scan for security and performance (caching) reasons.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.