Hello
@Mops21 ,
The software is not compatible with Windows 8.1.
This version of Windows is now long out of support and if I build the tool to be compatible, it will significantly hurt the performance for all users. As of 2025, the 8.1 market share is ~0.2%.
Multi-language support at this time is not planned.
This would require a significant refactoring (which is not impossible). I will have to remove all strings hardcoded from the UI, put them in JSON files (US_English.json, Deutsch.json and so on) and feed them to the UI.
It is doable but at this moment it is not really required because first:
The UI rapidly changes (this is not how the final product strings will sound, I like more witty, less formal language)—every time I change something, I will have to update a dozen of language files, and second, the audience is not large.
If the audience grows then I will go through the necessary refactoring to add more languages.
Roadmap-wise, most of the updates will be to the Helios UltraQuick and Deep Firewall Control.
If I think if any innovative feature I can add, it will be added.
Sometimes I would walk around the supermarket detergent isle and an idea or heuristic would hit me…