It is triggered by the health check moduleI will submit to them. Strangely there is no detection here.
Program:Win32/Wacapew.C!ml
Detected by Microsoft Defender AntivirusAliases: No associated aliases
Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
It is triggered by the health check moduleI will submit to them. Strangely there is no detection here.
You can make it a one-time fee in the beginning to reward the members who helped report issues then you might turn it into subscription-based like Online Armor because I see that you are going to keep adding features.I don’t see it as a hassle, I like doing it.
The detection vanished on VirusTotal…Can not download because it is blocked by Microsoft Defender as Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.H!ml
Same detection on VirusTotal:
The false positive was caused due to refactor that makes the backend and frontend communication more secure.Removing the Windows Defender disable code eliminates fp
This is to be expected with executables that change often.
I know, just want to show that ESET does not block or flag it. So keep up the good work !This is to be expected with executables that change often.
Having an official website plays a huge role in clearing the detection, it shows clearly the program intent. Hence MS cleared the detection minutes after it was reported.
Plus, they can see all the security flags like CET, CFG, ASLR, Large Address Awareness (HEASLR), continuous eh continuation, DEP, buffer security check and so on, and the frontend. All these exploit protections are not what a malware author will enable.
For Eset maintaining accuracy is very important, they won’t flag it. Though they can’t reverse engineer the logic due to the Profile Guided Optimisation and AVX instructions (everything is scrambled and looks nothing like what I initially wrote), what they can see is enough to explain the software behaviour and avoid detection.I know, just want to show that ESET does not block or flag it. So keep up the good work !
I have not stayed up to date with this. What is this for and i would love to try it!New update has been released today.
-Implemented Quarantine: this was previously just a placeholder, until I design a secure quarantine storage strategy.
View attachment 294467
-Improved safety, stability and performance, multi-threaded several operations
-Improved UI, home screen no longer plain dark. An icon has now been added as well, to replace the generic VS graphic application "gift" icon.
View attachment 294470
-Improved ASR rules, included "audit" option
View attachment 294468
I have not stayed up to date with this. What is this for and i would love to try it!
I'll give her a test!Note to testers and @Shadowra, the software is ready to be tested.
hope to finish-up hardware adjustments this weekend and I'll boot up win10_VM running MS Defender.Note to testers and @Shadowra, the software is ready to be tested.
And again a Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.C!ml detection from Microsoft Defender when trying to download.New update published.
Improved scan and correlational engines.
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes