DefenderUI

Thread Tags
  1. Developer is currently beta testing this product.

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Hey guys, here is the latest. The main thing is that the new Pro features are fully implemented and user adjustable. There were also a couple small bug fixes and modifications to the contextual rules. There have been a few easy to fix blocks, but overall it is doing great. And usually the blocks are an oversight on my part... basically something that I did not take into consideration while building the application. For example, I totally forgot that I had to take into consideration when the user changes the default program files folder location from the C drive to another drive. But yeah, overall we are in great shape and we should have a fully stable version in a matter of a few days.

DefenderUIPro 0.91 beta
SHA-256: 3cb5dcb1bb22e1e83c5fc21211b98dc1e9d05815f2dd5b09c0d4f923ce2c4bc1

Thank you guys!

VecchioScarpone

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2017
Last edited:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 59
Verified
Helper
Top poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Sorry if the question was answered already but will there be or is there already auto-update implemented? I'd like to install it on the machines of my family members and can't really check for updates all the time. :confused:
When I tested the free version I got an automatic update to a new version, but i had to answer an elevation (UAC) prompt.
That would be a problem when installing on family members pcs.

VecchioScarpone

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2017
Hi,
If I want to install DefenderUI Pro I must first uninstall free version or I can install over it?
Thank you!
Bear in mind that DefenderUI Pro is a beta. BTW I had to exit DefenderUI free before installing Pro beta.
@SecureKongo, I'm guessing auto update will be implemented with Stable Version. Dan seems to think it may take 6 months, if I understood correctly.

SecureKongo

Level 28
Verified
Top poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Bear in mind that DefenderUI Pro is a beta.
@SecureKongo, I'm guessing auto update will be implemented with Stable Version. Dan seems to think it may take 6 months, if I understood correctly.
I don't think that the free version will take 6 more months of developement. It's just a tool to modify the settings of Defender and I doubt that it takes that much time. I don't know what the plans for the pro version are so maybe you are right about that one.

VecchioScarpone

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2017
I don't think that the free version will take 6 more months of developement. It's just a tool to modify the settings of Defender and I doubt that it takes that much time. I don't know what the plans for the pro version are so maybe you are right about that one.
Sorry I should have made it clear that I was referring to the Pro beta.
The free version seems pretty much ready to go.

Reactions: SecureKongo

SecureKongo

Level 28
Verified
Top poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
For your family Dan recommend DUI Free and VoodooShield combo, both run on default are a breeze to handle and give hips of protection
I will combine DUI with Simple Windows Hardening as their PCs aren't the fastest and because I don't think that they need two security softwares with real-time protection at the same time.

Reactions: VecchioScarpone

VecchioScarpone

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2017
I will combine DUI with Simple Windows Hardening as their PC aren't the fastest and because I don't think that they need two security softwares with real-time protection at the same time.

That is a great combo too. Myself before installing Pro beta, I was running DUI free on recommended Profile, with Voodooshield on default settings.
Now Pro beta only on recommended profile, everything else is above my pay grade:unsure:

Last edited:

SecureKongo

Level 28
Verified
Top poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
That is a great combo too. Myself before installing Pro beta, I was running DUI free on recommended Profile, with Voodooshield on default settings.
Now Pro beta only on recommended profile, everything else is above my pay grade:unsure:
I think you can't go wrong with hardened Microsoft Defender nowadays. Considering that your AV should always be only one layer of protection. I personally focus a lot on the possible entry points of malware which mostly is the browser.

• Applause
Reactions: VecchioScarpone

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 59
Verified
Helper
Top poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I will combine DUI with Simple Windows Hardening as their PCs aren't the fastest and because I don't think that they need two security softwares with real-time protection at the same time.
Isn't that what DUI Pro is trying to do, combining DUI Free with Windows hardening?