Not open for further replies.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Cent browser has an option for deleting history on exit.
Untitled.png

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
CCleaner Pro (the paid version) also has this feature.
You can choose to -monitor IE, Chrome and Firefox independently.
For each monitored browser, you can choose to:
  • Prompt you to clean at closing
  • Automatically clean at closing with notification
  • Automatically clean at closing without notification

By the way, with Sandboxie, you can also clean your browser automatically at closing in the following manner:
  1. Force your browsers into sandboxes. (Optional)
  2. Config the sandboxes for browsers:
    • Enable "automatically delete contents of sandbox"
    • Choose your browsers as the "Leader Programs", such that when the browser is closed, then any other processes running in the browser will also be terminated

Sandboxie Help

From Sandboxie
Verified
Developer
Feb 26, 2016
  • Choose your browsers as the "Leader Programs", such that when the browser is closed, then any other processes running in the browser will also be terminated..
That's not needed any longer. Back in the old days, that was a work around to an exit/closing issue with programs running under SBIE. With v5.08 or better, we don't suggest you do that. Programs will close (if they have registered a correct Event ID) in do time. few seconds, to a few minutes, but SBIE will shut them down. Deleting the SB contents will do the same, terminating also does that.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Amiga500: Yup however many users forget to clean their browsers even the hotkey command (Ctrl + Shift + Key) is not familiar for them. ;)

Reactions: kev216

Jrs30

Level 11
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
I think he wanted history, cookies etc deleted automatically! Without user need click on something.

Reactions: upnorth and kev216

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
Just to add.
it is prudent to just clean chrome with the built in cleaning function.I know that chrome has data on the computer which must not be removed like safe browsing data etc.
Need to be careful when using extensions or separate cleaners as if used incorrectly you are forcing chrome to continually download this data every time.

I use chrome on linux and i also have bleachbit installed and i do notice that bleachbit finds extra chrome data which could be removed if i so wished but this is data which chrome needs to be permanently installed.

Be careful folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.