How'd you know?
My crystal ball told me...

Even high-paid support is one with high-turnover. People don't stick around in support - and that is how support is greatly improved - by getting them to stay. But people don't want to stay and put up with all the hassles and stresses of a support position. Support is a ticket up out of the pit or out the door. It's not a long-term career choice for most people in the industry.

Slyguy

Level 41
My crystal ball told me...

Even high-paid support is one with high-turnover. People don't stick around in support - and that is how support is greatly improved - by getting them to stay. But people don't want to stay and put up with all the hassles and stresses of a support position. Support is a ticket up out of the pit or out the door. It's not a long-term career choice for most people in the industry.
Support is NEVER a long term as you said.

Our Helpdesk guys never last more than 3 years and they are either out, or moved into L1 and getting Certifications. Figure a guy in basic newb helpdesk support makes $35,000-$42,000 a year. NSE L1 Support Engineer (the next step up for that helpdesk dude) is getting in the $50,000-$70,000 range starting pay with good benefits. Seasoned engineers $80,000-$125,000 range with lots of benefits and company car. The helpdesk pit is really entry level so expect entry level support. ;-)

oldschool

Level 30
Verified
Well, then I don't know. All I know is what I see on my dashboard. I am talking the new Cylance AV not Protect. I used Protect in the past and the files were in that portal too, just a bit harder to find.
View attachment 197057
Same here! Those having issues with it should be contacting support. When I approached them with questions they were quick to respond. Even bad support ought to be able to address those concerns.

cruelsister

Level 36
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Figure a guy in basic newb helpdesk support makes $35,000-$42,000 a year. NSE L1 Support Engineer (the next step up for that helpdesk dude) is getting in the $50,000-$70,000 range starting pay with good benefits. Seasoned engineers $80,000-$125,000 range with lots of benefits and company car. The helpdesk pit is really entry level so expect entry level support. ;-)
Oh Lord, KMN! Make the shift to Wall Street and you will be paying that figure in State Taxes...

Slyguy

Level 41

BryanB

Level 17
Verified
Once you sign in to the Cylance Smart dashboard without advanced UI you will see this screen
Capture.PNG

Notice, lower left " Desktop-3GNKZTN " left click it and you will get this screen

2.PNG

If you have something in quarantine it will be listed below in threat activity with options to allow or leave it in quarantine. Thanks, @Slyguy .

Nightwalker

Level 15
Verified
Content Creator
It would seem you have a kink in your armor, you may actually have to call support, personally, I would rather eat a bug than call in to even the best support agent, good luck.
I am from Brazil and Cylance Smart Antivirus isnt officially supported here yet (just the enterprise version), so I cant complain too much.

Maybe the dashboard isnt working correctly because of my location.

@Nightwalker - Dare I ask if you've tried a clean install?
I have already done it, didnt worked ...

Last edited:
Reactions: BryanB and Burrito