Advice Request Delete From Quarantine In Cylance?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

How'd you know?

My crystal ball told me...

Even high-paid support is one with high-turnover. People don't stick around in support - and that is how support is greatly improved - by getting them to stay. But people don't want to stay and put up with all the hassles and stresses of a support position. Support is a ticket up out of the pit or out the door. It's not a long-term career choice for most people in the industry.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

My crystal ball told me...

Even high-paid support is one with high-turnover. People don't stick around in support - and that is how support is greatly improved - by getting them to stay. But people don't want to stay and put up with all the hassles and stresses of a support position. Support is a ticket up out of the pit or out the door. It's not a long-term career choice for most people in the industry.

Support is NEVER a long term as you said.

Our Helpdesk guys never last more than 3 years and they are either out, or moved into L1 and getting Certifications. Figure a guy in basic newb helpdesk support makes $35,000-$42,000 a year. NSE L1 Support Engineer (the next step up for that helpdesk dude) is getting in the $50,000-$70,000 range starting pay with good benefits. Seasoned engineers $80,000-$125,000 range with lots of benefits and company car. The helpdesk pit is really entry level so expect entry level support. ;-)

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Well, I'd click the files if they appeared there.

And I don't want to be on call to whitelist FPs for my entire social circle with whom I share AV licenses.
Well, then I don't know. All I know is what I see on my dashboard. I am talking the new Cylance AV not Protect. I used Protect in the past and the files were in that portal too, just a bit harder to find.
ScreenHunter_117 Sep. 04 09.06.jpg

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Well, then I don't know. All I know is what I see on my dashboard. I am talking the new Cylance AV not Protect. I used Protect in the past and the files were in that portal too, just a bit harder to find.
View attachment 197057
Same here! Those having issues with it should be contacting support. When I approached them with questions they were quick to respond. Even bad support ought to be able to address those concerns.

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Figure a guy in basic newb helpdesk support makes $35,000-$42,000 a year. NSE L1 Support Engineer (the next step up for that helpdesk dude) is getting in the $50,000-$70,000 range starting pay with good benefits. Seasoned engineers $80,000-$125,000 range with lots of benefits and company car. The helpdesk pit is really entry level so expect entry level support. ;-)

Oh Lord, KMN! Make the shift to Wall Street and you will be paying that figure in State Taxes...

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
Once you sign in to the Cylance Smart dashboard without advanced UI you will see this screen
Capture.PNG

Notice, lower left " Desktop-3GNKZTN " left click it and you will get this screen

2.PNG

If you have something in quarantine it will be listed below in threat activity with options to allow or leave it in quarantine. Thanks, @ForgottenSeer 58943 .

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
@BryanB It should work like that, but in my case it doesnt.

Capturar (1).JPG

You can see above that there is one quarantined file and yet it doesnt show (tried all options of course).

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
It would seem you have a kink in your armor, you may actually have to call support, personally, I would rather eat a bug than call in to even the best support agent, good luck.

I am from Brazil and Cylance Smart Antivirus isnt officially supported here yet (just the enterprise version), so I cant complain too much.

Maybe the dashboard isnt working correctly because of my location.

@Nightwalker - Dare I ask if you've tried a clean install?

I have already done it, didnt worked ...

Last edited:

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
I am from Brazil and Cylance Smart Antivirus isnt officially supported here yet (just the enterprise version), so I cant complain too much.

Maybe the dashboard isnt working correctly because of my location.

If you are not using a VPN then try installing Opera's browser and then go to the settings and activate their VPN, see if that doesn't do the trick

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.