Advanced Security deminimis's Mobile Security Config

Original forum configuration · expand details
Thread details
Last updated
Jun 27, 2025
Mobile brand
Pixel
Mobile model
7 pro
Mobile operating system
Custom Android ROM
Mobile OS version
GrapheneOS - v15
Mobile security update support
Supported - still receiving security updates
Mobile system updates
Automatic updates
Google Play Protect settings
    • Permissions for unused apps to be removed
App store(s)
    • Google Play Store
    • F-Droid
    • Other APT/APK sources
App updates
Auto-update on Wi-Fi only
Screen lock method
PIN
Biometric security
    • None
SIM and mobile number protection
    • Activated Port Freeze or Number Lock (via Mobile carrier service)
Stolen Device Protection
Off
Unknown tracker alerts
    • Off
Find a lost device
    • Off
Security and privacy apps
AirGuard
URLCheck
ReThink DNS

I don't think I need an antivirus/malware app specifically. Looks like there are no good maintained open-source ones. Could try Malwarebytes in the future.
Firewall and VPN apps
ProtonVPN
Calyx VPN
Wireguard
Mobile browsers
Vanadium
Firefox
Brave
Password and passkey manager
Bitwarden
Phone & Caller ID
Stock GrapheneOS
Messaging
Signal, Element, Telegram

KryptEY looks nice, but also hasn't been updated in 2 years.
Music & Podcasts
System, VLC
Photo & Video
Aves Libre Gallery
Entertainment
YT-DLP
Note-taking
Standard Notes
Cloud storage
Any, I don't put anything important on cloud unless it's client-side encrypted first.
Android launcher
N/A
Two-factor authentication
2FAS (I like that it's cross-platform). Aegis is another good one.
File and photo backups
Just backup to computer. Might implement something in the future to make better, like Duplicati, Cryptomator, or Syncthing.
Subscriptions
    • None
Feedback preference

Suggestions on the main improvements

Why disabled:
Stolen Device Protection: I don't see the point, because if someone steals it and they can't use it, they still aren't going to return it. Basically this.

Tracker Protection: I'm not really sure about this. GraphenOS and Android sandbox apps by default from what I understand. I also have RethinkDNS which I don't use much anymore, preferring VPNs.

Find my Phone: Constant background communication with Google servers, reduces attack surface of remote vectors.

Biometric: Not legally protected in many jurisdictions. Unlike a password, you can be forced to unlock biometrics. It's also hard to change something like a face or fingerprint.
 
@deminimis how do you like Graphene compared to Pixel UI?
When I first used it back on Pixel 3, I hated it, because it was hard to connect to wifi in public, gps wouldn't work right, and many apps wouldn't work.
But now, I don't really notice much difference. I don't miss anything, because if you want you can still download the better Google camera app and the keyboard app (and shut off internet connection to it).
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top