Jun 24, 2016
eOkUtUl.png

HaMeR

Level 3
Verified
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 16, 2014
OK, have a PC story for you guys if anyone else is interested in old PCs. This one has the strange mb that can run anything from low end P4 to full core 2 quad. Also, I can use IDE or SATA. Purchased it on ebay for $80. So initially it was this:

Pentium Dual Core e2160 1.8 GHz
Biostar MB
500w Rosewill PSU
2 GB RAM
160 GB IDE HD

So when I got the PC, story began. Knew I wouldn't need 500w, so I decided first to move the 500w Rosewill into a 1st gen core i3 PC that bought a Radeon R7 240 graphics card for and switched its 300w Seagate (cool feature of that PC). Then I added the HD 4350 that came with that one to the above. Finally, I bought a 160 GB SATA 2 drive and imaged the system over. The board will handle 4 GB, and I wanted to go from 2->4, but I REALLY wanted to upgrade the processor to the Q9400:D. Never had a chance to run one of the c2quads before lol. What a stupid upgrade I know, but I couldn't resist. Passmark was 3300 compare to 1000 for the dual core, and the quad was only $16 on ebay. $12 for 2 x 2 GB of DDR2 ADATA RAM, and this PC is probably now my favorite, even though the board only handles single channel memory. Kind of proud that it was used in a school and kept alive this way. It's really useful now. Handles 1080 p no problem. I have also upgraded the old HD 4350 with a new HD 4550 I picked up for $8 on ebay. Hard to believe it was new for that price, but it was made for this little PC.

So I decided on a fitting tribute for this old W7 PC (which I can upgrade to W10 anytime btw). I decided to add the W10 Transformation Pack with all its stuff to see how it would look. It actually turned out nice, so I thought why not post a pic of the desktop. W10 TP really works over the look of open folders and so on as you can see. BTW, look close and you will see something funny about this PC->OH YEAH...it's got a FLOPPY! :Do_O Gotta love these old PCs. Tons of fun. Here's the pic. Hope you guys like it:

PIC will be up in a moment (forgot to edit a couple of things out of the system screen)

View attachment 162676

Wow so much stuff running there

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
Creepy? Ahahaha! :devil:
I got it from [ They are not images suitable for everyone, they can hurt sensitivities. I am morbid, but I understand that these images may displease someone ]this site

Thanks for the link mate! that rolling eye close up does remind me of that scene of the original texas chainsaw massacre 1974 scene , wher you see a closeup of sally hardesty screams , while bounded to a chair and the whole sawyer family surrounds her. ;)

T

The paranoid one

Just right for you my friend. ;):D:ROFLMAO:
Yes, my friend, it's paradoxical. I look at the screen, but it's the one that watches me. A reminder about the internet and its privacy, or just that I hit my head very hard as a child and now the consequences are manifest :unsure::ROFLMAO::p

Thanks for the link mate! that rolling eye close up does remind me of that scene of the original texas chainsaw massacre 1974 scene , wher you see a closeup of sally hardesty screams , while bounded to a chair and the whole sawyer family surrounds her. ;)
That is the definition of fear. Great movie to watch accompanied:whistle:;)

Edit

Desktops Show Off!

Me, myself and Eye.

Love the molecular structure on the desktop! :love:

It is from Conky, but unfortunately it can only be installed on linux

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.