Advanced Plus Security devjitdutta2025's PC Security Config

Original forum configuration · expand details
Last updated
Mar 10, 2026
Main use of this computer
For home and private use
Operating system
Windows 11
OS version and support details
None
On-device encryption
Not applicable
Device sign-in security
    • Automatic sign-in / no sign-in required
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
Update channels
Allow stable updates only
User Account Control (UAC)
Always notify
Smart App Control
Off
Network firewall
Enabled
Router and network details
ISP Router
Real-time protection
Norton 360 for Gamers
Device firewall
Other - Internet Security (3rd-party)
Custom security settings
Windows Hybrid Hardening Light with SWH ON, SmartScreen Block Mode & WDAC ON
Periodic malware scanners
None
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Environment for malware testing
I don’t test malware anymore
Browsers and extensions
Microsoft Edge with uBlock Origin.
Secure DNS
Default DNS provided by ISP Router.
Desktop VPN
Windscribe with ads & malware blocked.
Password and passkey manager
Bitwarden
Maintenance tools
Windows in-built
File and photo backups
Google Drive
Subscriptions
    • Google One Premium 2TB
System recovery
Hasleo Backup Suite Free
Usage and exposure
    • Gaming
Computer specs
Ryzen 7700X
32GB DDR5 RAM
ASUS B650 mobo
Sapphire RX 7900XT
2TB SSD
Feedback preference

Only essential issues, please

@devjitdutta2025

Hi, I noticed you switched from Ghostery to uBlock Origin.(y)
May I suggest the simplest mode that uses dynamic filtering?

"Enhaced Easy Mode"

These are the advantages:

Dynamic filtering: Benefits of blocking 3rd party iframe tags

As you can see, you need to set third-party frames to red (block) when you encounter a website that malfunctions and you don't want to bother finding the blocked domain that should be allowed. You can also click with the mouse in the right-hand column (local exception) until it turns gray. This way, that specific website is entrusted to the static filtering of the filter lists you have subscribed to.
You have then reverted that specific website to the default uBo mode (Easy Mode).

Nothing could be simpler.

In the image below, you can see the differences between uBo vs Ghostery:

Adblocks.png

Good work.;)
 
@devjitdutta2025

Hi, I noticed you switched from Ghostery to uBlock Origin.(y)
May I suggest the simplest mode that uses dynamic filtering?

"Enhaced Easy Mode"

These are the advantages:

Dynamic filtering: Benefits of blocking 3rd party iframe tags

As you can see, you need to set third-party frames to red (block) when you encounter a website that malfunctions and you don't want to bother finding the blocked domain that should be allowed. You can also click with the mouse in the right-hand column (local exception) until it turns gray. This way, that specific website is entrusted to the static filtering of the filter lists you have subscribed to.
You have then reverted that specific website to the default uBo mode (Easy Mode).

Nothing could be simpler.

In the image below, you can see the differences between uBo vs Ghostery:

View attachment 295182

Good work.;)
Thank you. I’ll do the needful after getting back home from work. :emoji_beer:
 
Please share your experience after testing MS PC Manager.
I ditched it again as the features are not really needed on my pc at least. The boost option clears temporary files and cleans up memory. You can clean your temp files with the Windows built in feature. I personally use Process Lasso with it's "SmartTrim" feature, so the memory boost also isn't needed on my side. Other than that it offers "Deep Clean" which can clean your system more effectively but I won't use the tool just for that case. Other than that the other features are just the same features that Windows has already integrated. They are just easier to navigate through the app.
 
Update:

Did a fresh install of the latest Windows 11 and so have made some minor changes-

1) since NPE will be discontinued, I won’t be using any secondary scanners anymore.

2) instead of office 365, I’m using WPS office.

3) I’ve created custom rules for ESET HIPS & FW to block scripts & powershell.

4) replaced Nord VPN with Windscribe VPN.

5) got rid of 3rd party system cleaners since windows disk cleanup will suffice for me.

6) got google one 2TB plan free with my ISP for 18 months…gonna use it baby 😎

7) added RunbySmartscreen and this will be used to launch any unknown app (although I highly doubt I’ll come across any unknown app since this PC is used only for gaming).

Only one thing I’ve noticed is that SAC is blocking some components of Hasleo Backup Suite but since the software is functioning properly I’m not having any problem.

Also stopped surfing, and doing banking transactions on this PC since I got myself a new MacBook Air. 🫣
 
Last edited:
Only one thing I’ve noticed is that SAC is blocking some components of Hasleo Backup Suite but since the software is functioning properly I’m not having any problem.
Thanks for posting this since it's important for users to know that blocks by SAC do not automatically lead to malfunctioning apps.
 
Maybe because the software has been around for such a long time. I use Winrar and SAC had never blocked it so far.
Prevalence is one important factor, but SAC/WDAC blocked 7-Zip and MPC installers before when freshly released.
Also it still blocks Peazip installer and launch after install, despite being not freshly released; I suspect the culprit its included components for encryption and secure deletion.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

You may also like...

Continue exploring the conversation.

Back
Top