Advanced Plus Security devjitdutta2025's PC Security Config

Original forum configuration · expand details
Last updated
Mar 10, 2026
Main use of this computer
For home and private use
Operating system
Windows 11
OS version and support details
None
On-device encryption
Not applicable
Device sign-in security
    • Automatic sign-in / no sign-in required
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
Update channels
Allow stable updates only
User Account Control (UAC)
Always notify
Smart App Control
Off
Network firewall
Enabled
Router and network details
ISP Router
Real-time protection
Norton 360 for Gamers
Device firewall
Other - Internet Security (3rd-party)
Custom security settings
Windows Hybrid Hardening Light with SWH ON, SmartScreen Block Mode & WDAC ON
Periodic malware scanners
None
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Environment for malware testing
I don’t test malware anymore
Browsers and extensions
Microsoft Edge with uBlock Origin.
Secure DNS
Default DNS provided by ISP Router.
Desktop VPN
Windscribe with ads & malware blocked.
Password and passkey manager
Bitwarden
Maintenance tools
Windows in-built
File and photo backups
Google Drive
Subscriptions
    • Google One Premium 2TB
System recovery
Hasleo Backup Suite Free
Usage and exposure
    • Gaming
Computer specs
Ryzen 7700X
32GB DDR5 RAM
ASUS B650 mobo
Sapphire RX 7900XT
2TB SSD
Feedback preference

Only essential issues, please

Have you noticed any difference from Norton in gaming at all?
No not yet. TBH the difference won’t be noticeable in modern CPU’s like this. But I’ve discovered a new thing about Norton. If you buy their regular 360 version, you’ll get ads from Norton in the UI but the gamers version does not show ads at all. The only downside is that you’ll have to buy a license for 3 PC’s. Since I have exactly 3 PC’s at home, that’s not a problem and the price is really cheap in India (around 11.99 dollars). Moreover Norton has all the protections I need (except the hardened mode). If you do online banking, just pair it up with KeyScrambler and you’re golden.
 
For the first time, I'm seeing Norton without any ads and that too without blocking their UI with their FW :cry:. The Gamers Edition is really great TBH and my PC runs as fast as it did with ESET. It doesn't even show the store option, let alone trying to upsell their other software. I've become a fan of Norton 360 GE :love:.
Norton.jpg
 
I’ve blocked Powershell, warrior & cScript from accessing the internet through the Norton Firewall. I hope that if they can’t connect to the internet, the final payload will not be able to download.

Yeah, I did the same thing (outbound connection rule) for PowerShell 7, and I noticed that H_C's firewall rules don't block PW7.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

You may also like...

Continue exploring the conversation.

Back
Top