Advice Request Did anyone try Rising Sword from Rising software?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Kongo

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Well, while checking out Rising Antivirus again I stumbled upon a new product they offer. It's called Rising Sword and it's their Anti-Ransomware product. Did you guys hear of it before? I would really appreciate it if one of our malware testers could take a look at it. The website is in chinese but the product itself can be downloaded in english. :)

Reactions: upnorth

Kongo

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
It's the chinese website where you can get it from. Even their chinese website didn't get updated with new events etc. After all the software itself can get downloaded in english and still might be effective.

Reactions: roger_m

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
I would really appreciate it if one of our malware testers could take a look at it.
This software/vendor actually been talked about internally among some of us in the Hub. Sadly even if it seems the software exist with an English version, I strongly doubt it will ever get tested in the Hub. Simply because the latest version ( 2.0.0.4 ) is still from 2019 ( 9/9/2019 ). The tests needs to be as fair as possible as most of the samples that's used are also as fresh as possible. Hope you understand, but it's still very appreciated with tips about vendors that normally ain't or have not been tested. (y)

Kongo

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
This software/vendor actually been talked about internally among some of us in the Hub. Sadly even if it seems the software exist with an English version, I strongly doubt it will ever get tested in the Hub. Simply because the latest version ( 2.0.0.4 ) is still from 2019 ( 9/9/2019 ). The tests needs to be as fair as possible as most of the samples that's used are also as fresh as possible. Hope you understand, but it's still very appreciated with tips about vendors that normally ain't or have not been tested. (y)
Thanks for the explanation :)!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.