Advice Request Disaster Recovery Plan - Managing System Images

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
From what I've read about it over the years, it's not as reliable as a good image/restore utility.

As Digmor stated, what the OP is doing does look like a lot of work. For my simple home-use needs, I cold image when I feel it's time, usually twice/month on average, using Clonezilla for Linux and Macrium Reflect free for Windows, saving the images to a 1 TB external hdd. That's it. Both these image/restore utilities are ultra reliable.

It's stated in my post #1 below

4) Software: Macrium Reflect Home

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Why not just:

1. System OS, all Windows updates and drivers only
  2. Backup with ALL updated 3rd party software

It;s stated in my post #1 below

- Great for rollback if want to remove specific software and its registry remnants without dealing with messy registry cleaners which can never 100% remove all registry remnants especially for AV/AM software

As for seprately backup OS initially and minor update (with initial OS) separately, if a minor update has issue I can rollback to the date before that

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.