Discovery from Dr. Web needs confirmation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marco72

Thread author
Jan 9, 2020
Hello all
I checked an executable file for a game on VirusTotal and Dr. Web rated it as an infection named Trojan.Winlock.14244
After research on the Dr. Web site, it turned out to be a presumed Ransomware injury
All other programs on VirusTotal, including Kaspersky, Bitdefender, and others, have not been discovered
Can you help me find out if the file was really infected or not?

virustotal scan :

the dr.web :

Trojan.Winlock.14244
A ransomware trojan that blocks or limits a user’s access to the Windows operating system and its functionalities. In order to unlock the system, a user must transfer money to the cybercriminals

the dr.web scan online :
Screenshot_28.png

Marco72

Thread author
Jan 9, 2020
One antivirus detects it, its pretty obvious its a false positive

If youre still worried, give me the download link for the game and I will check it out.
Thank you very much for your quick awareness and wanting to help. I am really worried this is the link of the game (downloaded by torrent)

which makes me reluctant to consider the injury wrong before confirming is Dr. Webb's reputation and strength in discovery

Probably false positive
Thank you for your response, I hope to confirm this

EndangeredPootis

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Sep 8, 2019
Thank you very much for your quick awareness and wanting to help. I am really worried this is the link of the game (downloaded by torrent)

which makes me reluctant to consider the injury wrong before confirming is Dr. Webb's reputation and strength in discovery

Thank you for your response, I hope to confirm this
This is cracked/torrented software, downloading paid games/applications via these sites are not only illegal but may introduce you to malware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.