slash/

Level 6
t.JPG

Your problem got me curious, so I checked out my defrag settings. Same thing happening here, 18 days since the last defrag, and I've gone through 4-5 different security configurations in the past month. I doubt it's a conflict with software, since it is highly unlikely that all 4-5 different configurations had a problem with defrag scheduling.

yitworths

Level 10
Verified
View attachment 193761

Your problem got me curious, so I checked out my defrag settings. Same thing happening here, 18 days since the last defrag, and I've gone through 4-5 different security configurations in the past month. I doubt it's a conflict with software, since it is highly unlikely that all 4-5 different configurations had a problem with defrag scheduling.
yea, that's why I tried every possible combo available to me in a VM & after that choose the one & set up in my main machine. I don't get this kinda problem on my machine. Anyway, what are you gonna do now?

SumTingWong

Level 24
Verified

slash/

Level 6
So it is pointless about default weekly schedule optimization Windows setup? This is so confusing like my life.
I wouldn't say entirely pointless. (I'm assuming) Windows will still analyze your drive(s) weekly, but it will decide whether a defrag is actually needed. Logically, if it analyzes 0% fragmentation in your drives, it doesn't need to defrag anything.

yitworths

Level 10
Verified
I wouldn't say entirely pointless. (I'm assuming) Windows will still analyze your drive(s) weekly, but it will decide whether a defrag is actually needed. Logically, if it analyzes 0% fragmentation in your drives, it doesn't need to defrag anything.
he was actually getting a different problem. The scheduled task or process was getting terminated unexpectedly. That's could be because of data integrity violation.