Troubleshoot Disk scheduler optimization set to weekly, but it never runs?

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Disk scheduler optimization failed to run.
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
none
I set scheduler disk optimization to weekly. It is 7 days now, and the scheduler haven't run yet. The last manually run on all my drives is 7/19/2018. Is it not working?

Task Sheduler service is running automatically.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Try reset your window 10 without losing personal data

That will going to remove my 3rd party apps.

For some reason, it does run on my Acer laptop, but only the HDD get defrag and SSD is not even TRIM like seriously? If Windows is going to defrag my HDD, it might as well do the TRIM on my SSD as well. Yes, both my Acer HDD and SSD selected for scheduled optimization.

Upvote 0

slash/

Level 6
Verified
Jun 24, 2018
That will going to remove my 3rd party apps.

For some reason, it does run on my Acer laptop, but only the HDD get defrag and SSD is not even TRIM like seriously? If Windows is going to defrag my HDD, it might as well do the TRIM on my SSD as well. Yes, both my Acer HDD and SSD selected for scheduled optimization.
It'll TRIM when it needs to. You can do it manually, but Windows is smarter than that, it won't attempt to wreck your SSD. I would be less eager to have my SSD defragmented.

Reactions: yitworths
Upvote 0

yitworths

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
It'll TRIM when it needs to. You can do it manually, but Windows is smarter than that, it won't attempt to wreck your SSD. I would be less eager to have my SSD defragmented.

he is in much deeper problem than this... the scheduled process is getting terminated either by any 3rd party app or because of reg-file corruption. There is no simple way to fix it as he has huge amount of apps installed, he's short tempered & he messes with his pc more often.

@SumTingWong do you use reg file virtualization?

Upvote 0

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
he is in much deeper problem than this... the scheduled process is getting terminated either by any 3rd party app or because of reg-file corruption. There is no simple way to fix it as he has huge amount of apps installed, he's short tempered & he messes with his pc more often.

@SumTingWong do you use reg file virtualization?

I tested by set the scheduler to daily, and today August 7 the scheduler defrag my two HDDs but SSD is no touch at all???? So the Scheduler Optimization only for HDD and not SSD?

Upvote 0

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
If you are keen on trimming your SSD then choose a good 3rd party app. As it's quite evident that windows built-in optimizer is failing to do so. Otherwise, is your pc going smoothly?

PC is running smooth, it just the scheduler optimization didn't TRIM my SSD at all in which I thought is supposed to do that.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.