Advice Request Display notifications with special offers can't be disabled

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

RejZoR

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
If I uncheck it under Account Info and close the dialog, the setting is enabled again when I open it again. Anyone else can't disable this setting in Bitdefender Free?

Reactions: upnorth

RejZoR

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
I mean, the setting is there, why else they'd put it there? But when you flip it, it just does nothing. It's not a deal breaker, but it's stupid since it's there and does nothing. Also I hate the stupid "special offer" at the bottom of Bitdefender interface. I don't want a "special offer". And that setting is suppose to get rid of it.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I left a link to the Bitdefender forums, try for a response there. (y)

Edit: You can suggest ie. grey out the option with a message indicating it's available in paid version.

Last edited:
Reactions: upnorth

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
If AV's GUI disabled, it usually disables all notifications/ADs. Unfortunately BD is unable to handle that, it gets locked till the GUI is started again.

capture_07192020_113056.jpg

I would consider using Adaware with gamemode instead.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.