Advanced Plus Security Divine_Barakah's Second Laptop Security Config

Thread details
Last updated
Jul 10, 2026
Main use of this computer
For work or educational use
Operating system
Windows 11
On-device encryption
Windows BitLocker / Device Encryption
Device sign-in security
    • Windows Hello PIN or biometric sign-in (face / fingerprint / Touch ID)
Security updates
Allow security updates
Update channels
Allow stable updates only
User Account Control (UAC)
Always notify
Smart App Control
On
Network firewall
Enabled
Router and network details
ISP-provided router.
Real-time protection
Panda Dome Essential
Device firewall
Other - Internet Security (3rd-party)
Custom security settings
- Enabled Application Control
- Enhanced Panda Firewall settings.
- Protected Panda settings with a password
Periodic malware scanners
EEK
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Environment for malware testing
None
Browsers and extensions
Vivaldi (no extensions)
Waterfox (no extensions)
Helium (only the pre-installed unlock)
Secure DNS
Adguard Private DNS systemwide (Win 11 DNS over Https)
Desktop VPN
Adguard VPN
Password and passkey manager
Enpass Desktop synced to my cloud using WebDav.
Maintenance tools
Smarty Uninstaller
Hard Disk Sentinel Pro Portable
Lenovo Vantage (Commercial) deployed not the store version
File and photo backups
Koofr
Filejump
Google Photos
Subscriptions
    • Google AI Pro (formerly Google One AI Premium)
System recovery
AOMEI Backupper Pro
Usage and exposure
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Working from home
    • Making audio/video calls
    • Opening email attachments
    • Online shopping and card payments
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
Computer specs
Lenovo Thinkpad X13 Gen 3
Notable changes
Reverted to Windows 11 Pro 25H2
- blocked driver updates from Windows Update
- Deferred updates for 14 days.
Feedback preference

Detailed suggestions and alternatives welcome

Personally I love F-Secure but unfortunately it is blocked in Egypt.
2026-01-20_00-27-50.png
 
But in terms of detection, it is lagging behind others.
Anything to help protecting computer while having trend installed? Any software to add for extra protection?
Trend pretty much doesnt conflict with other software and could be paired with something :unsure:

Its kinda my favorite antivirus, i dont have it currently installed but might add soon. used to use it year ago for several months and loved how smooth my system were with it
 
Anything to help protecting computer while having trend installed? Any software to add for extra protection?
Trend pretty much doesnt conflict with other software and could be paired with something :unsure:

Its kinda my favorite antivirus, i dont have it currently installed but might add soon. used to use it year ago for several months and loved how smooth my system were with it
It can use some Firewall and general windows hardening, but the problem is it is not doing amazing job with executables either.
 
Anything to help protecting computer while having trend installed? Any software to add for extra protection?
Trend pretty much doesnt conflict with other software and could be paired with something :unsure:

Its kinda my favorite antivirus, i dont have it currently installed but might add soon. used to use it year ago for several months and loved how smooth my system were with it
All AV can fail but the good thing at present, we can complement those. Try with MS Defender on Periodic Scan or AVG/Avast on passive mode.

We don't have this privilege of free and multi-AV running 2 decades ago.
 
I only state facts, but you chose to ignore them. Do your research man 🤣🤣🤣

I am infected in the mind.
I do not pay for software; I use only available free ones.
And you are right; website loading is not related to app functionality; the reverse occured with Avast; it website was blocked but the app installs and updates normally.
Thank God they ublocked their website recently.
 
What do you need Avast website for?
To download its offline installer.
I do not download installers from 3rd party websites; might be bundled with malware.
VeraCrypt installer distributed on gambling website was bundled with RAT.

 
To download its offline installer.
I do not download installers from 3rd party websites; might be bundled with malware.
VeraCrypt installer distributed on gambling website was bundled with RAT.

Use Softpedia. I have been downloading installers from there for years. It offers direct download links from official sources as well as installers hosted on their servers.
 
Use Softpedia. I have been downloading installers from there for years. It offers direct download links from official sources as well as installers hosted on their servers.
I use SP to follow the update release of apps, but when I want to dowload the new installer, I move to the app official website.

I know SP is trustworthy, but I prefer to stay more secure and avoid any 3rd party website for installers.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top