Advanced Plus Security Divine_Barakah's Second Laptop Security Config

Thread details
Last updated
Jul 10, 2026
Main use of this computer
For work or educational use
Operating system
Windows 11
On-device encryption
Windows BitLocker / Device Encryption
Device sign-in security
    • Windows Hello PIN or biometric sign-in (face / fingerprint / Touch ID)
Security updates
Allow security updates
Update channels
Allow stable updates only
User Account Control (UAC)
Always notify
Smart App Control
On
Network firewall
Enabled
Router and network details
ISP-provided router.
Real-time protection
Panda Dome Essential
Device firewall
Other - Internet Security (3rd-party)
Custom security settings
- Enabled Application Control
- Enhanced Panda Firewall settings.
- Protected Panda settings with a password
Periodic malware scanners
EEK
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Environment for malware testing
None
Browsers and extensions
Vivaldi (no extensions)
Waterfox (no extensions)
Helium (only the pre-installed unlock)
Secure DNS
Adguard Private DNS systemwide (Win 11 DNS over Https)
Desktop VPN
Adguard VPN
Password and passkey manager
Enpass Desktop synced to my cloud using WebDav.
Maintenance tools
Smarty Uninstaller
Hard Disk Sentinel Pro Portable
Lenovo Vantage (Commercial) deployed not the store version
File and photo backups
Koofr
Filejump
Google Photos
Subscriptions
    • Google AI Pro (formerly Google One AI Premium)
System recovery
AOMEI Backupper Pro
Usage and exposure
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Working from home
    • Making audio/video calls
    • Opening email attachments
    • Online shopping and card payments
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
Computer specs
Lenovo Thinkpad X13 Gen 3
Notable changes
Reverted to Windows 11 Pro 25H2
- blocked driver updates from Windows Update
- Deferred updates for 14 days.
Feedback preference

Detailed suggestions and alternatives welcome

photo please ? I have a hard time picturing it. What is a vertical stand ?

81CFrtuAL4L._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

The most important thing is the vent should be facing the ceiling.
 
Panda Full system scan too an hour and 18 min on my device. This is very slow in comparison to other solutions. This is a clean system image and I don't have anything installed yet except for Waterfox and AOMEI Backuuper
 
Manjaro was a star few years ago, then no one is mentioning!
In my opinion it is the best arch-based distro. I even view it as an independent distro as they have their repositories.
They are currently on strike, and the future of the distro remains uncertain.
 
I spend three hours reading what users are saying about Manjaro, Solus and Elementary OS. Thus, I have reconsidered my options and now I am downloading Fedora Cosmic Spin.

First, Fedora supports secure boot out of the box. It is stable and everything that I need runs perfectly on it.
 
I spend three hours reading what users are saying about Manjaro, Solus and Elementary OS. Thus, I have reconsidered my options and now I am downloading Fedora Cosmic Spin.

First, Fedora supports secure boot out of the box. It is stable and everything that I need runs perfectly on it.
Good choice. While the three distributions you mentioned were very popular in the past, each now has its own problems. They are still generally good, but not in the top positions they once were.
 
I have successfully installed Fedora Cosmic Spin. Unfortunately I had to disable secure boot for the live USB to boot. It seems the issue is not with Fedora but rather with Cosmic?
Is it still necessary to disable Secure Boot after installing and updating the system? As far as I know, after Microsoft changed the Secure Boot certificate, Linux distributions also started updating the certificate, but I'm not sure if they are all fully updated.
 
Is it still necessary to disable Secure Boot after installing and updating the system? As far as I know, after Microsoft changed the Secure Boot certificate, Linux distributions also started updating the certificate, but I'm not sure if they are all fully updated.
I will test it later today. But what is important for me is performance and battery life. Surprisingly, a full charge lasted 6 and a half hours on heavy use. Installing and updating the system. No fan noise and no overhearing at all. Ram usage is never too high even when having waterfox running with multiple tabs.

Comsic DE is great and is very responsive.
 
I will test it later today. But what is important for me is performance and battery life. Surprisingly, a full charge lasted 6 and a half hours on heavy use. Installing and updating the system. No fan noise and no overhearing at all. Ram usage is never too high even when having waterfox running with multiple tabs.

Comsic DE is great and is very responsive.
I was also surprised when I tested Cosmic desktop environment on Pop!_OS last time, and it looks like it will be a strong contender in the world of Linux desktop environments.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top